Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (warrenjay)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-31-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Skier's Choice did this for 2 years at the Gravity Games circa 2002. Yes it was fully supported by the boat a mobius LSV.(boat actually floated too good we had to weight the *iss out of it) Measured 63'with plexiglass side curtains running that too. I normally wouldn't say anything, but me and others worked very hard on the original idea and SC paid over $30k on the development. (not including boat and trailer)I'm not in the industry anymore, so I can say what I want to. CC is probably going to run down to the patent office, like they did with the towers. OH, Didn't know??? they didn't come up with that idea either!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-31-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Bummer, SC shoulda gotten on that patent, I bet they missed out on a lot of money there. Is this something actually worth patenting?

(Message edited by benjaminp on January 31, 2010)
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-31-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
Someone didnt just drink the haterade, I think you might have showered in it this morning.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
wtf is a boat slider?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-31-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
If Nautique didnt have the first tower then who did?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-31-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
just looked it up. who cares? its dumb. why would need a $75k under the slider? maybe the lamest thing i have ever seen
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
tops and towers had a tower out at the same time but didnt go get to the patent office. would you consider this as important to wakeboarding as a tower?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-31-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
they try to patent everything
Old     (warrenjay)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-31-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'm not a hater, but my point is; do your research before you make a claim to fame!! It wasn't like we had the boat slider tucked away in some cove in east TN. (Matt B. and I tried, but, Rick T. wouldn't let us. LOL) It was featured on NBC and the mags, not hard to find. Maybe M. Brown and I should have spent our time writing a press release, instead of trying to figure out a way to sneak it out of the factory, so we could ride it :-)
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-31-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Come on guys, I've been guilty of starting a thread while drunk also...
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
hahah i have to
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
It's not that big of a deal in the first place..... I rode there last Wed & did not look at the boat inside once, Just forgot to.
Old     (warrenjay)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-01-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
BuCoo, yeah I got drunk right before Mass.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-01-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
"Haha That Squirel can water ski! Ok thats it im Ron Burgandy! You stay classy San Deigo."
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
Atlantic made the first commercial towers. Previously, we used radar arches, light towers, and fishing towers - anything to get the rope higher. Wakeboarding started in 1983 and CC's tower patent was after a lot of us were already adapting existing structures to riding.

In my opinion, the patent should no have been issued since the tower was already in use by several other sources - it was not creative or innovative. Just robbing from the real innovators who did not pursue a patent but were content to share to promote the sport. However, to fight the patent now would exhaust a rather large budget - who would fund it?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-01-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Any of you guys complaining ever read any history books? Who invented the radio? Marconi - NOT!

Who invented the radio

Tons of stuff has been invented by other people and then patented by someone else... that's the way it works... It generally takes a total nerd to develop or discover the product and then someone else comes along and sees the business opportunity in it or figures out how to effectively use it.

Basically, it often comes down to my attorney is better than yours...

Oh, BTW, WHAAA....
Upload