Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kiter86)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-30-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
Looking to get into wakesurfing at 250lbs what size board should I be looking at?
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-30-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Patrick-- I am 285lbs and I use a Inland surfer blue, The board is fast and everyone from light to heavy, beginners to advanced loves it. you will not go wrong with this board.

(Message edited by rbeckei on July 30, 2009)
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
+1 for blue lake, for the stage you are at and your size...the blue lake is right down your alley. I am 245lbs and learned on the hyperlite broadcast 5'6" but the only reason i bought the broadcast and not the blue lake was because the broadcast fits into wakeboard racks.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
Patrick - I recently went through this discovery as well. At your weight (same as mine), I was recommended an Inland Surfer Red Woody. Bought it last week and it is unreal fast. Amazing difference between it and my old Landlock board.

You likely cannot go wrong with the blue or woody but I have not riden the blue. Get either IS board.

Here is a good discussion about this topic: http://www.centurioncrew.com/Fast-surf-boards-big-guy-t1132.html

T

(Message edited by trevorg7 on July 31, 2009)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-31-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
whoa. I didn't realize how much wakesurfing dominates the boats forums. 17 out 20 threads on the 1st page of the wakesports section are surfing. That's sicker than swine flu

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 31, 2009)