Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-23-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
bahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Upload
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-23-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
looks like a future episode of Dr. Phil...
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-23-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Heres a poll I can handle
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Neither....get your significant other to wakeboard. I did and it is awesome. Just got to be careful not to throw down the tricks to hard and hurt the others feelings with competitive BS. Trust me, it is a riot to see your significant other rippin too! Everything is complete.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-23-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
if i had an S.O., he'd be outta here!
Old    K.B.C.            02-23-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
that's GREAT
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-23-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Ya know it's weird...I was kind of going out with this girl who noticed I talked alot about wakeboarding. We were at dinner one night and she said...ummm ya know Dan if we are still seeing each other this summer I hope you don;t think you will be at the lake every weekend. I knew right then and there it was not a match made in heaven.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-23-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
NICE! thats the best thing that could've happened. before the real crap starts - "you like wakeboarding more than me"
"all you do is wakeboard with your friends"
"is that all you think about?"
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'm with kylie!! No man is going to come between me and my wakeboarding!

Hope I meet someone who is as into it as I am.
Old    murrayair            02-23-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding has been faithful to me for 6 years. Haven't had a girlfriend that has stuck around even half that. Wakeboarding wins every time!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
I guess I am a minority. Being away from the water sucks. I know because I do it all winter but I don't want to imagine not having my wife in my life.

To everyone who says wakeboarding is more important than a signifcant other. Don't even try a relationship. You will just let the other person down.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
nacho......answers to those questions you posted...

YES...
YES...
and YHEA...OF COURSE!

If she will board with you, then she is a keeper! I only had to make one sacrifice.....she said I had to learn how to Snowboard with her in the winter months. I Snowboard now and like it a lot. I married her and now have two children. Am I slowing down....heck no! I got my three year old daughter in swimming lessons and soon my 1 1/2 son will be taking lessons too. Can you tell what I am prepping them for? Plus my son loves to drive the boat (not while I am in tow)...his first word was boat. So life is good, if you are on the same page. Once your significant other tries to board...she will be hooked like the rest of us. food for thought!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-23-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
Haha... Mine is already concerned with all the time in the garage. Seriously, would she rather I went to the bar with my buddies? lol I'm anticipating a freak out by mid-June.
"So yeah, I'm 26 and like long walks on the beach... on my way to the boat. I enjoy sunsets... on the water. I enjoy dining out... on the Magna grill or open flame."
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha.... Luckily my wife is pretty understanding and I haven't had to make that choice. If it were any other way I think I'd have to opt for wakeboarding. For now, I'm good though... Best of both worlds.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-23-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
scott - thats a pretty good trade. sounds like a good one.

fatsac - garage time?!? but a dartboard and a kegerator in. then see how she likes it!

Fortunately, my girl loves being on the boat, and i can't see it any other way.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I would keep my s.o. but i know thats never going to be something ill have to decide, he is into wakeboarding as much as i am, and it has been a part of our relationship from the beginning.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-23-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
My wife doesn't care about how much I ride just so long as I take my two sons with me.

My wife will go occassionally, but she prefers to stay home and go shopping with the girls or out to lunch or to the spa or whatever she feels like.

I'm fine with this arrangement because both my sons have been going on the boat with me since they were one year old and they are better boaters than a large percentage of the random people that I take out with me.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-23-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
If i had a wife and she wanted to do something but i had a chance to go wakeboarding wake wins all the time
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-23-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
I don't have to make the choice. My wife is my preferred driver and she loves to ski and does some wakeboarding. And if that's not great enough, our first date was meeting up at Union Point for cocktails.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-23-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
I dated a girl a couple summers ago who couldn't for the life of her wakeboard. The problem came into play when all she did was complain that I was out wakeboarding all the time. That and she got jealous of Kylie! Well, she had to go! She brought it up one night in bed, I stood up and said "Leave." It was midnight and her jaw was on the floor. Damn I was mean!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-23-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
that one of the best question yet!!!!!!!!
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-24-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
I have the best of both worlds as well. My girl is nearly as passionate about wakeboarding as I. I couldn't be happier. Aint life great! She found out she was pregnant about a week after she learned to jump w2w. She was bummed, no more progressive riding, but excited about the little ripper on the way.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Significant other always loses against wakeboarding.

But, when girl hunting, always look for one that likes wakeboarding.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Congrats......MD....I did the same to my wife...talk her wakeboarding...loved it...got hooked...then got pregnant...I wondering if this is the modern age version of "don't drink the water"....We now have two little rippers in the works...Evie who is 3 and Eli is 1 1/2. My wife is stoked. This will be the first full boarding season for her.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-24-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott! Amanda is stoked too for her first full year of ridin'. It may very well be the modern version of that.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-25-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
The wife loves to go boating, and she never did it till we got a boat when we were 37. Now she loves the family time out on the water, my son at 19 who loves to board and pretty good at it. Even the dog gets into the family boating. It is a great sport for an entire family to do. My wife said that if she wanted to be involved with my life and my son's life that she had to get involved with the things that were into. She tried boarding for the first time last year at age 46, and has been able to get up and ride a little. She's a trouper with all the face plants that she's endured, ouch. Here's the icing on the cake to this story. With Her job progressing the last couple of years we were able to upgrade our 01 X30 to a new, 06 XStar for this year. We are so stoked to get out on the water and continue the good family times. Can't wait to have grandkids some day, and make them into little rippers.
All that to say, I would give up the boarding to keep the wife, but I am so glad that I don't have tooooo.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       02-25-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
I had never even heard of wakeboarding, until I met my boyfriend. After watching for a couple of times, I decided to give it a try. I instantly fell in love! Next thing he knew, I was bugging him all the time to take out his boat so I could ride. After I moved to SoCal, I think I surprised him when I continued to ride, thanks to generous boat owners on "find a third". So guys, just because that hottie that you have your eye on doesn't know if she is regular or goofy, give her a chance to find out. Having a chick on your boat is never a bad thing
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 4:27 AM Reply   
These posts are awesome. Once bitten by the bug, I don't know how anyone could not like or LOVE (for a better word) wakeboarding. So get your significant other out on a board. Like Kristin said.....give her a chance. And let her throw down her style whatever it may be. I know a lot of guys want to teach their girl their way of riding. You might discourage her and push her away from the sport. So be patient and be thoughtful to her own style. And it will be awesome to go out and rip together. PAUL...I love your post. That just motivates me to do this until I die. I have been boarding for almost ten years now. And the thought has crossed my mind...at what age am I suppose to stop. You know ....act your age...scenario. But now I know....who cares! I am boarding until I just can't board no more. Congrats to you and your wife. Tell her to keep rippin. And if you have not done so yet......get her a board. That just says so much about dedication to the sport . That you are part of it now. :-)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-26-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
kraig - your girl was definitely NOT the wakeboard type. i knew that the first second i saw her sitting on your boat in her Bebe outfit filing and painting her nails! good boat bun for you tho so you get props!