Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (duvy)      Join Date: May 2002       08-05-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
I'm checking around for some financing and I heard that eboatloans.com was pretty good to use. Anyone use them? I'm also checking at my bank and credit union, but I want to look at all of my options. Any thoughts?
Old    joechmo            08-05-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
They managaged to approve me when no one else could. Too bad when I went to look at the boat it was a piece and I didn't buy it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
if you already own a home, sound crazy, but credit cards. if you have high enough limits. alot of companies will give you low rates 1.9-3.9 fixed for the life of the "balance transfer check" Home equity loan will work (tax deductible) it does look unfavorable on your credit if someone see's a 25k balance on a 30k max credit card..the only real drawback. but you have flexibility of payment
Old    rweldo            08-05-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
is there anyway to get pre approved for a boat....when i went to fill out an application they ask you what type of boat you are buying...i was looking to get money before i go and buy that way if i see something i want ill have the money and wont have to wait for the loan to come back.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
Be advised that every time you apply for a loan (whether it is online or not) your credit score is lowered.
It is best to shop for rates without filling out an application, then find the lender that you're interested in.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-05-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
good point ccraftskierfan, but remember, shopping rates (and allowing banks to check your credit), which equates to multiple inquiries in the same 30 day time frame, is similar to mortgage or car loan shopping - it counts as only 1 inquiry. A single inquiry on your credit will lower your score about 1 point.
Old     (duvy)      Join Date: May 2002       08-05-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I have been checking with several lenders for the best available rate and terms. I have already been approved with a couple but I think I can get better terms. Any ideas on how to negotiate better terms?