Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-16-2002, 5:04 PM Reply   
attached is one of my better attempts. I cant seem to figure out exactly what I am doing wrong although I can say that I am not even close to spotting a landing. (this is my first inverted trick i am trying and I fell pretty disorientated in the air)
It also seems like I consistently land heavy on my back foot and lose the rope at the very end, but I do generally get good rotation.
Any help would be much appreciated. Gonna go try to stomp it again tomorrow!
Old                09-16-2002, 5:05 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=4455

sorry here is the link
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       09-16-2002, 6:10 PM Reply   
Keep you eyes open at start spoting the water on your way down. It looks real good you just have to keep your eyes open and punch the water when you land. If your eyes are closed and your not sure when you are going to land you will have a tendancy to crash into the water and lose a little control and the handle will pop out of your hand. so keep you eyes open, spot the water, absorb the landind with your knees and hold on tight. Envetully you will stick it and then it will become eaiser and easier for you. Here is a picture of me doing one and I am all ready spotting the water.
Old                09-16-2002, 7:16 PM Reply   
well I'm not an expert in fact iI'm just a beginer and havnt gottin a chance to try a tantrum but just from looking at your video its plain to see that your under rotating. my advice is ry and get more pop or try and pull the handle so that its like touching your hip. This should help you rotate faster. Or so they say. Even though I havnt had a lot of experience with wakeboarding I have had experience with gymnastics and the closer everything is to your body the faster you rotate. So try that and see if it works. Good luck man I hope i'll be able to do one soon.
Old                09-16-2002, 7:23 PM Reply   
scott and john thanks a lot. scott thats exactly what it feels like....the pop and rotation feel good it just seems like i lose myself in the air and crash into the landing, losing the rope. im goon try keeping my eyes open.

also...i have read a few different opinions about this trick. some say use the wake to flip you around fast and others say go big and throw the backflip later, a slower and smoother way.
any opinions??
Old                09-17-2002, 1:01 PM Reply   
woot!!!!

just got off the lake and I stuck it. it was perfect too, no butt check or sloppy landing. As soon as I landed I was tracking away from the boat...nice and smooth.

no video today though!!

anyways the trick for me was just concentrating on going big, then throwing the flip.

thatnks guys and next time i get video of it I will post
Old                09-20-2002, 10:33 PM Reply   
Congrats sean on the latest invert. I'm goin to try mine hopefully this sunday if I go. Wish me luck.
Old                09-21-2002, 6:17 AM Reply   
cool
good luck with it scott!!!