Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
Im coming off a 04 hyperlite premier 140 riding finless I like the size and aggressiveness of the board but want something faster, smoother,better pop, and a bit more forgiving (rounded edge).
Im considering the LF Watson and or Ronix Mana.

Any thoughts on these boards, riders of these boards or suggestions would be great.
THANKS
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
Also No I Can Not Demo
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
not sure about the ronix mana but the watson's as slow as the premier.

if you want something more aggressive, i'd say get the lf shane 140...big pop and much faster than the premier.
Old    benj_t            08-06-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Liquid Force Lyman.

it makes you do this

Upload
Old    benj_t            08-07-2008, 1:34 AM Reply   
the lyman is really fast and smooth, and huge aggressive pop, and extremely soft landings. when i do jumps in the flats like the one above, it feels like i land down the wake, and when i land down the wake with this board its like im landing in a pit of foam bricks. i feel really comfterble going big now that i have the lyman. and i havent had alot of bad catches with this board, or at least not yet, so its pretty forgiving. ive never rode a board that i like better.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 4:55 AM Reply   
Check out the Witness.You just described it too a T. Leave the center fins off.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-07-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
...agree with the lyman....its hard to imagine how to make a better board. smooth , effortless, loose when you need or want it..hard tracking, doesn't need to be eased in, damn quick and fast. Forgiving on landings.....it flexes(more than a regular board) and the tail cosequently always gets you a piece of the water for a good landing,
Old     (power_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-07-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
try a hyperlite era... it is slightly faster than the premier and has amazing pop
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Go Get an O'brien Player or the Natural they will change your life forever!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
shane pops good and is faster than the premier,
or try the Ibex, pops awesome

Slingshot recoil pops unlike anything else and is quite quick
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
The slowness of the watson is my one complaint with it. Otherwise it's pretty sick. Although, I have gotten around the speed issues, and figured out how to track that thing fast as hell, like, if I didn't ease off of the edge some coming in, I'd be going just as big as that picture of the lyman. Which is odd for the Watson board.

Either way, I'd recommend a Lyman, because I haven't heard a bad thing about it. Plus the next board I get will probably be a Lyman.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-07-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
if you liked the premier then you will LOVE the BSIDE. This board has all the feel of an old premier, but improved pop, handling, and landings. best board Ive ever riden, and I cam e from the same board your riding now.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-07-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Slingshot Response, Obrien Natural or Liquid Force Shane!!!