Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
why does svarfa or however u spell it copy all of the other companies towers. i saw one a couple of days ago with a tower that looks just like malibus tower and then i see one today that look like one of the xstar towers. its sad}
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-15-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
I saw that too... It made me think....hmmmmm
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
I want to say they bought their molds from other boat companies, like Malibu, to start with.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
anbody ever rode behind one? good wake?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
I rode a basic svarfa last august. no ballast and it was a DD

wake was really rampy, kind of threw me off guard, but Im not used to wakes other than my small outboard wake.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
before you make accusations... please... its pathetic...

they did not "steal" any molds... but if you want to see some similarities... their original boat is very similar to a MC 190.

As for towers... due to patents of the original Flight Control Tower.. by SAN... every boat manufacturer has played with different tower designs...

When you look closely at the NexGen Svfara tower.. it is quite a bit different than the Malibu Illusion tower...

After taking criticism and input from us.... they added the Samson Razor as an option... and now you say it looks like a MC Tower... get over it.... NOT EVEN CLOSE!

It is the same tower that Epic, Tige, Sanger, andf many others offer as an option on their boats...

But it is nothing like the MC.

What is their wake like... out of the box stock ballast is a beautifully shaped clean wake... look at some of the other posts...

As with ALL other boats... pro level wake when more weight is added....

In my opinion... I don't think you will find a nicer fit and finish on the market. Dash layout. Soft vinyls... feel like leather...

But again... there isnt a boat that caters to everyone out there...

I think it is an excellent compromise for a kid who wants a core boat... the dad that wants to have the luxury of the Cobalt... and the Mom who wants an all around family boat....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
I've never heard anything but good things about Svfara boats. The new SV3 looks very nice and capable. One of these days I'll need to go down and check them out theirs a dealer near me.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-15-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
"As with ALL other boats... pro level wake when more weight is added...."

Having dealt with weighting boats for all levels of competition (beginner - outlaw/pro), I have stumbled across a quite a few that simply have not produced a great wake (compared to others that were great) no matter how much we played with weight and it's placement. Sorry Hate, have to consider this against the rest of your opinions here.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 15, 2008)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
To clarify... most of the time... if you have a hull that produces a nice wake with the stock ballast... most of the time...not all the time.. but most of the time... when you add more weight... it maintains the same characteristics... just gets bigger..

true.. does not happen to all wakes..

but if you have an ugly wake with stock ballast... you end up with a big ugly wake with more weight...

if you have a nice clean wake... when you add weight.. within reason.. you get a nice bigger wake..
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Pics of both towers... and the super clean wake.

Upload

Upload

Upload

also.. as a side note... towers are about purpose and function... not about looks.

as for hull design.. again.. it is about function...

Question... don't all towers have some similarities?

Another question... don't all hulls have some similarities?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
hmmmm....
the svfara is an inhouse fiberglass tower... which now collapes... it never did before... beefier than the malibu.

the malibu is cast i believe... and has a support bar on the top...

similar.. but not really a copy

Upload

Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
i like the center transom...

have you check out the website.. great looking boats !!

(Message edited by clubmyke on April 15, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hehateme...little defensive eh?

Just to clarify, no one said anything about steeling molds. I wasn't knocking the boat, just implying that maybe they got into the game by purchasing molds from other companies. Those were pretty much my exact words. Fine by me. They were more focussed on the Canadian market anyway weren't they?

Lastly, those last two boats look nearly identical! Similar is an understatement. It's a complement to Malibu. Both boats are gorgeous.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-16-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I guess if you want to get technical the swoop tower design was actually used on yachts and cruisers to house radomes and such before Malibu adopted it. I don't consider it copying at all, just the adoption of an industry design that works.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-16-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Is that a built in platform on that last SVFARA? If so, bad idea. Does their illusion style tower fold in front of the windshield or does it fold backwards? I don't really like the walk-through transom unless there is a filler that makes that one solid sunpad. Their boats are looking a lot better than they did a couple years ago. Thank god they got rid of that hideous milk cow interior. I also really like the looks of the Samson tower on that boat. Gary from Samson has that tower on his 07 VLX.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
i love it how people make comments and observations without even riding or seeing the boat themselves. come see one and ride one in person . then judge. i dont care if your buying or not, come on down. we took our sv3 out yesterday and filled the stock ballast and added about 600 more lbs. wake was great.

the walkthru is nice for riders to get in and out. there is a filler cushion you can install as well.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Just proves a point. People will buy anything
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Yes people will buy anything...like an $80k boat called the X-Star when they aren't even good enough to take full advantage of the wake that it can produce...just a chance to say that they own an X-Star.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
where's that popcorn image when you need it.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
I agree with HeHateMe that new svfara tower looks nothing like the Malibu Illusion tower .

At least they aren't copying that new MB tower, that thing is hidious.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on April 16, 2008)
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
X-Star is the heat. Yes, more weight is better, I'm sure you can agree. I run with a additional 500 lbs. Its nice not having to lower a foil to tear the transom up. $80k for a X-Star not here.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-16-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
HEY! That's me and my Malibu!
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
hate to break it to you, but these types of spoilers/towers have been used many years before Metcraft made the illusion tower for wakeboarding. who's copying who... get over it.

Upload

Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Right Rod they didn't get the idea to put it on a wakeboat from Malibu, OK...

Snork you're right, they're going for a little over $60K around here right now, given the whole copes thing. Shows you what an overpriced, overhyped boat it is. You have to add alot more weight than 500# to get they good wake out of the Xstar you like to brag about.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
Hey nu bu 'bout time you chimed in.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
I missed ya
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-16-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
wasn't it the Vikings who first invented boats? All these other boats manufactures are just knock-off wannabees.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
nope.. not a built in swim grid!
also.. the center walk through transom is super convenient... the steps are wide and deep enough for easy balance.. and you are not tracking all over the vinyl... and it is a great alternative to those non-symetrical looking walk through transoms...
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
my bad for starting this war. i was just throwing it out there,dont have to get so offensive. i have to ask questions to learn,which is why i asked about the wake. then somebody tells me to go try it myself and gets all offensive. i wasnt bashing the boat i just saw a pic and had some questions. i would go try one out but we dont have a dealer around here.

sorry for this mess
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
You'll be sorry when if buy a SVFARA.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Yeah? Why is that?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
I would absolutely consider buying a Svfara. I think they look great and the reviews have been excellent. Would love to get in one sometime.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
I rode behind one yesterday and the wake was good....Needs more weight though!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
I can't even pronounce it.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
off axis (shon)...I dont remember getting an invite. Did you ride w/Rod? If so, Rod I didn't get an invite.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
oops, next time ...
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
No worries...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-16-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
MCXSTAR,
why why why?
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-16-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
I would love to own a Svfara...you see a lot around here in Kelowna and the interiors are just stunning...if I was rich and just wanted a status symbol I would walk right past the X Star to this thing...it is truly the most luxurious wakeboat...obviously there are some similarities but what do you expect you can not re invent the wheel all the time.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
new companies try to do something different, they get flamed in WW. New companies take design cues from other proven models... they get flamed on WW.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
I like the looks of the boat.

Please tell us why you will be sorry if you buy one. Also tell us if you have ever seen one in person.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-16-2008, 11:10 PM Reply   
Its pretty easy to find the overcompensating guys in here. I love it.. Personally, I think the Svfara looks great. They've made some huge improvements and I would love to check one out in person. That pic of the wake looks really nice as well
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       04-17-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
The wake from that Svfara looks very similar to the wake from my Campion I/O!
Svfara
Upload
Campion
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
I don't see the resemblance really.

To me, that Svfara wake looks like the perfect foundation for a monster. It has great shape, looks consistent on both sides, and is clean all the way back. I would like to slam one down until it barely gets on plane, and then ride it
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
its just a phone call away Jarrod....
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-17-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
RJ you are tripping about your wakes...

Ive see the Svfara at the boat shows hopped inside, super plush interior. My fear is resale which I understand should not be my major concern but it is.
There was a Svfara for sale on wakeboarder.com for almost 2 years.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       04-17-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
I wasn't dissing the wake of the Svfara, just thought it was similar in shape to mine. I also saw the Svfara at the boat show and thought it was one of the nicest boats there, very nicely finished interior.