Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
I had the best weekend I have had in a long time on the lake this past weekend so I thought I would share my excitment. I have always rode just using an old SL ski rope so last week I finally sucked it up and bought a fire jacket mainline from wakeside.com I wasnt sure if it would really help me that much but it was the best $75 I have ever spent. I spent the weekend at my parents lakehouse on Lake LBJ and over the course of the weekend I was able to take all of my ts and hs 180s wake to wake and I finally nailed the 360 after many months/years of frustration. I landed it 3 times in a row. I also realized that if we up the speed to 24mph on our i/o it actually firms the wake up and makes the boat alot easier to keep on speed. I dont post on here often but I was pretty excited so I had to share.
Old    dahui            08-30-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
Maybe the whole rope thing just had the placebo effect.

Those new tricks you just landed will keep you coming back for more. This sport really is addicting.
Old     (ashleyo)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thats really cool! I'm happy for you. i know one of my friends parents have an i/o and he trys riding on it and he had a really hard time keeping the wake. but you also need the right prop to. that might help . just a thought!
Old    allen00se            08-30-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
I ride an i/o and we trim up like your cruisin but keep it around 22mph. It throughs a fat wake and its a small boat.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, we trim ours up too and with about 4 people and 800 lbs of sand it throws a decent wake. What would be a good prop for this setup? We currently have a 3 blade, not sure of the pitch. I was thinking a 4 blade might make it easier to hold speed. The boat is a 21ft Larson with the 5 liter V8.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
i have a hi5 for a similar boat and it makes one hella hard wake so i think the 4 blade would be perfecto...