Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-04-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
what do you guys think the best board for pop is?

cheers
toby
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
The Parks hands down. Hard to control at times though.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-04-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Here we go again!! Looks like you ride a Murray and the new 06 Murray would be one fo sho. The CWB Absolute, Marius and Trancend have big POP as well. You can get the Absolute and the Trancend in a Platnium version witch gives them more POP in my opinion. If you have a shop that demos boards then I would say demo some boards and see what ya like. Everyones got their opinions. Good luck to ya.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
hands down? what other boards have you ridden?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-04-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Ya the Parks has hudge pop and is hard to controll for alot of riders, but alot of riders love it as well.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Tubelite! hands down!

Nah, toby there's so many boards out there. There isn't one with the most pop, just the one that works best for you. The parks has an aggressive staight up pop, I wouldn't say it gives you anymore height than say a murray, state, shane, marius...whatever. you gotta find what works for you.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
I have ridden the CWB Marius, Liquid Force PS3 and Watson and many other begginer boards and for what I have ridden the Parks has the most pop. Now granted I haven't been riding that long and each persons technique probably works better with some boards than it does others. For me the Parks has a lot of pop, but I dont like it because it's so unpredictable.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-04-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Tube Lite
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-04-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Skurfer, hands down. It pops higher because it's made of hollow plastic.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-04-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
I will let you in on a industry secret take the door off youre house and strap in best pop hands down just dont let it get water loged.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
I thought moose boards provided the best pop.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   

quote:

but I dont like it because it's so unpredictable.

not to disrespect, but inconsistency isn't in the board, it's in the rider.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
They seriously need to make a sticky thread (that is always the first thread, stuck to top) that says "Are you going to ask a question about the riding ability of boards or bindings?" and in the body of the message it says "It's all personal preference. Demo a board and if you like it, buy it."

There have to be 2-3 of those posts per day, and every one ends up with that same reply.

There is no best board, it's all what you make of it.

Some people ride Hyperlite boards. I hate riding them. Go figure.
Or like Travis said, my wife loves olives. I hate olives. No big deal.

:-)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
CWB Absolute Platinum made it happen for me. All personal preference.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-07-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
cheers guys,

have tried about 10 diffrent boards but not recently, i got a murray off someone who was selling it second hand in good nick so thought mite aswell pay the 150 for it...thought i needed a new board anyway, just started riding again here in England again and rode the murray alode and didnt think it gave me the pop i wanted...(unlike my old board) so got my old board on the weekend after (obrien vision 135) an did pop really good. so been riding that for the last few weeks and im neerly back were i was at the end of last season.

however i do need a new board as i share my vision with my bro....and i am going to be traveling alot this summer and proberly not with him and he will wont the board whilst im gone.

so, any suggestions

cheers
toby