Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Well, sad to say, but as of a couple days ago, I am no longer a boat owner. I know this is a surprise to many of you, but it needed to be done for now. As another victim of budget cuts, etc, I had to be smart financially. Recently loosing a $4000/mo job takes a big hit on the wallet. With only one lake in the county now, the boat had only been out twice in the past 8 months. I know many other friends that I can hitch pulls with, and have a buds boat in my driveway anyway. We spend most of our time now in the pool at our new house, and stay cool for free. Just could not justify spending close to $700/mo just to have it parked in the driveway.

Hopefully starting my new job in the next few days and things will again be on the upswing. We have plans to hopefully have a brand new boat sometime next year. My Malibu was an incredible boat, and I have thousands and thousands of pictures and video of good times at Shasta, Powell, San V, El Cap, the river, and Mission Bay. She is already greatly missed.

On the upside, I have some really nice stereo equipment for my truck. Just can't figure out where to put the tower speakers inside the cab. Not enough headroom.

Upload
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-21-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Dayum Buzz really sorry hear that
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-21-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Some of us feel it more then most, if you head to UT for any reason we'll have a pull ready for ya.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-21-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Sorry Buzz,
Its hard times right now but being smart means you will come out better then ever. Keep yo head up!!!

AL
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
Tough decision for sure
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-21-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
What Al said. Better to flog it now and be $700/mo better off. Smart move albeit diffucult.

OTOH, my neighbor has been inviting me and lady over to the pool when they leave. I forgot how much fun a pool can be...

And Big Heavy if you see this, I'm working on your coozy. I'll even cut you in on it...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-21-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Bummer... Sorry to hear about that.
Old    mendo247            08-21-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that buddy! I have to say that has always been one of my favorite boats. That is my favorite tower on a Malibu! The colors look killer also. Cant wait to see your next set-up.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the good words everyone. Very hard to do, but like I said, trying to be smart. Even though I had not taken it out much lately, still miss it like crazy.

Coop, thanks. I have had a ton of compliments on the boat, and many to do with having that tower on it. I feel it really made the boat, and also does not look like every other one out there. We will have to see what I come up with for the next one.

Thanks again everyone.

Buzz
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-21-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
That sucks... NOw get this cable park to Santee lakes instead!!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-22-2009, 1:18 AM Reply   
Bummer!
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-22-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Buzz I feel your pain, we had let go of our Vride earlier after the wife lost her job of 11years and I had to take a 7,000 dollar paycut just to keep mine.
Heres to the memoriesUpload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-22-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Itch,

I feel for ya since I know what you are going through. I am sure we are not alone in this. Many people loosing homes, etc. Like you said, we still have the memories. That is what keeps me in good spirits. Hopefully a new boat next year. Who knows.

Like I said earlier, I now have some nice stereo gear for my truck.

Johnny,

Working on the cable park, and am pretty confident that it will happen. Just more hurdles.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-22-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Say it isn't so Buzz. Sorry to hear it man!!! but I understand. You know where I am. Come it a pull...LOL.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-22-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Tater. I will really miss our Shasta trips. Best of times you bikini-clad bimbo!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-22-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       08-22-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   

i would cry if i lost my boat, so sorry to hear that.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
It's a sad day when the ecomony takes down one of our own. :-(

picture
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Meant to say "economy". See that, it even got my spelling!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear it Buzz. Thanks for the pulls when you didn't even know me.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-23-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Buzz, I am sorry to hear about your boat, BUT I am stoked to hear you have another job AND a killer stereo for your truck! One other perk is when you are ready to buy your boat, you will have sooooo many to choose from for soooo cheap! It is (and will be for some time, I would think) a buyers market on boats!!!