Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (deltatodd)      Join Date: May 2009       05-26-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Hi guys,
I am just starting to get back into wakeboarding again after a couple seasons off the water. I have an old parks set up and I am looking for something new.
From reading the forum for a couple days it looks like cie wakeboards are the best so i want to try one of those.
Im looking for a board with a little more weight to it because i like them to feel more solid under my feet. My favorite tricks are superman type tricks so i want something that edges really aggressively like my slalom ski. My old parks had too much pop to it so i want something that doesnt pop me so much
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
CWB?
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
good call with the bunny. that's a classic that will always have a place in situations like this...
Old     (deltatodd)      Join Date: May 2009       05-26-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
oops. i thought cwb and cie were the same thing based on posts. my bad. rookie mistake.

but anyways, any help on which CWB board would suit what i want
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
is this a joke?
who wants less pop when doing "superman tricks"

its called a raley

who wants less pop while doing anything...
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
david if you knew about the older parks board you would know that it had probably the most aggresive 3 stage rocker to that time and was probably one of the most unpredictable boards out there it just bucked you straight up, so what he is saying is that he would rather have a board that had probably a continuous rocker to it throwing you more out into the flats, rather then straight up and down like the parks board, Todd welcome back to the wakeboard community, CIE is a clothing company based out of the delta area in norcal and all of the CIE guys ride a CWB wakeboard, funny mistake actually not gunna lie it got me laughing, i dont know much about CWB boards have only ridden one once but im sure you will be hearing from the CIE boys seeing how you threw the name out in the title, They will definately give you some great feedback on the boards!!!!
anyways have a good time out on the water man
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 9:16 PM Reply   
i laughed to, i actually got it but just had to throw the bunny out there. he hasnt been on the forums lately so i thought it was time for a comeback. and second what kyle said
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 11:28 PM Reply   
Todd,
I ride cwb and i know that they have what your looking for somewhere in their stash...if you want a pro model board, the transcend has a SUBTLE 3-stage rocker (not an aggressive 3-stage so it doesn't kick you hard), the Marius has a continuous rocker so its a little faster and will flatten your "flight path" on your wake jumps. I think the Absolute has a subtle 3-stage rocker but dont quote me on that. A lot of people tend to favor the Absolute and Marius boards. The thing about the Marius though is that its super wide and I hear they are faster boards, i havent ridden one though. I ride an 08 Transcend which has the subtle 3-stage rocker. Im just a novice rider but i love it more than my previous board which had a continuous rocker cause i know that my transcend will give me the pop i need when im ready to use the pop for certain tricks ill attempt in the future. I dont suggest going to a continuous just because you'll feel a difference with a subtle 3-stage over the aggressive 3-stage that you parks board has. CWB i know has a board for you, but just make sure that before you buy a board you look at other aspects about the boards your lookin at such as; speed, pop, edge, and soft landings. Hope your getting the advice your looking for todd.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
this is a classic post...Parks, is this you messing with everyone? It must be you because you are on the profile pic. Nobody would put someone other than themself riding on their profile. You gave everyone a good laugh...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Epic fake profile post. A+
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-27-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
lol
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
kyle,

thats guy has 2 posts ever. both of which are on this thred. and i know about the pop thing, but i cant think of anyone who has ever said that they wanted less pop well doing a trick, ya know?

not to long ago someone made a proffile on here and went around swearing at people and talking crap, i wasnt sure if this guy made an account just as a joke.

and BTW ryan, if it seems like im yelling at you or being rude in this post, its not meant that way at all. i just dont know how else to type it
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-27-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
I have heard many people say the Parks had too much pop. The problem isn't the amount...it is the unpredictability. Not sure why you guys think he is a fake poster...maybe I'm too naive but I think Todd is just a newbie looking for some advice...cut him some slack.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
" My favorite tricks are superman type tricks so i want something that edges really aggressively like my slalom ski"

tell me that doesnt sound like a joke. plus if he is a newbie he wouldnt be doing raleys.

just the first red flag to me
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Todd, If you are serious about a heavy board from CWB and edges good I have a 2008 Transcend Platinum that was manufactured for a gentleman that teaches/works with my son on his wakeboarding so in return I help him get wakeboards, CWB sent us this board which is suppose to be just like what they send to their riders,to keep from breaking so many boards. It is very heavy, Pete rode it for half of 2008 its not broke but does have some scratches on it from rails, I would want $150.00 plus shipping, I would also send you photo's of the board to let you look at it,and I can also give you the weight of the board, trust me its the heaviest board I ever lifted. Let me know. Or if any of the rest of you guys want it or know someone who would please let me know. I will also list this tonight in the boards for sale. Thanks

(Message edited by wakesurfer08 on May 27, 2009)
Old     (deltatodd)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
Thanks Kyle, Codi, and JJP

exactly. the parks would hit the wake and do its own thing. sorry i didnt word it right. i do like how the parks edges. it cuts really hard but the board still has a bit of drag to it which i like because it makes it less intimidating.

so is the transcend the right board for me? they are heavier and have less pop?
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Todd, I'm not an expert by any means but as I understand what most people say is that the Transcend has a great edge when you want to edge and a controlled pop,and very forgiving when landing. The Transcend Platinum is not that heavy but this board is not the average Platinum,its been reinforced with extra fiber glass to keep the rider from breaking the boards so often,so that's why its weight is so heavy. I hope I got all that correct for you.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
The Absolute sounds like it might be a better match for you IMO. The Transcend is faster than the Absolute.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'm not gonna lie... The first post made me laught my a$$ off last night.

"so is the transcend the right board for me? they are heavier and have less pop?"

Why would you ever want a heavier board with less pop??? The Transcend is a great board, but it's most definitely not heavier. Especially if you get the Platty, plus it'll have just as much pop as a Parks board, but it's a more controlled pop.

If you're into Raley based tricks, I'd recomend an Absolute, Marius or Faction. Though a Transcend will get the job done, too.

I see you're in Blackhawk. NorCal Master Craft is in Pleasanton. Stop by there and pick up a few boards to demo. That's the only way to know if a board is truely going to work for you.

(Message edited by guido on May 27, 2009)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
So let me see if I understand...CIE and CWB aren't the same thing??
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
^^^they are the same thing if you go by the shear fact that chicks like riding both...
Old     (deltatodd)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
I'm pretty locked up with work right now so I wont be able to get to the shop for a while. I just want to get a better sense of what I should be looking for before I go in.
What is the base of these boards like? I like a smooth base without a bunch of stuff on it. clean and simple
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
this dudes a fake!
Old     (deltatodd)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Im totally a fake. I love buying boards with no idea what Im spending $700+ on

Thank you to the guys that helped me out.
Ill try to head over to norcal mastercraft this weekend and check out the transcend and marius.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-27-2009, 11:37 PM Reply   
Todd,
Im gonna be completely honest....your not gonna find a heavy wakeboard if your looking at newer models. Everyone wants a board thats light so thats what the companies are producing. The Platinum boards that CWB makes are the LIGHTER "versions" of the pro model boards. They are also stiffer. The platinums have fiber glass rods in the core which gives it the lighter and stiffer board. Im tellin ya bro, you dont want a heavy board no matter what trick your tryin to pull. You dont want to work for your trick anymore than you have to. All of CWB boards pretty much have a consistant/solid pop to them. If you want little goin on on the "undercarriage" of the board, then the Absolute is the most ideal for those characteristics. But i ride the transcend and love it. Honestly, demo if you can man. You sound pretty picky, and im not sayin that to bag on you, im just sayin, you seem pretty "finicky" about what you want so you should def demo bro.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-28-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Todd,

If you are serious about getting back into wakeboading, I will let you demo my marius platnium w/ Zues bindings. I can bring it to you, as I am always in your area.

-Billy
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-28-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
I ride the same setup, Billy. Soooo nice.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
IMO Hyperlite boards are always a little heavier than the others. I've owned a bunch of CWB and LF boards, and the Hyperlites have always had alot more girth.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-28-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
Todd,
You should hit up billy for that demo on his board. He'll be able to give you some good advice for other boards too.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
what billy said is a perfect example f why i love wakeboarding honestly in what other sport are you going to have somebody offer you to demo there glove of here try my cleats we will bring it to your house!!!! Its amazing, and tood im sure you will find that perfect setup man you just got to get out there and ride as many boards as you are interested in!!!!! Then you will find it!!!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
i didnt word the demo thing with the gloves and cleats right now that im reading it but i think everybody will get the meaning of it lol
Old     (cwitham)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-29-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
do we need to bring back the bunny with the pancake on the head? Just kidding man, your right.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-29-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
ask and you shall recieve.... just playin kyle. hey did you start yet, gonna start gettin some fires here real quick.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
i have been on call since the monday after springride def gunna be starting up here soon there have been thons of thunderstorms this week which will def mean ill be gettign that call soon and head out to em