Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (lincoln)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I know what all you X-Star people are going to say. What does everyone else think?
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
I wasnt really impressed. They now have the RZ4 here in lubbock for like 85k. that is bull$h** if you ask me. for the money you could get something alot nicer....but im sure there is some rich guy here that will buy one!
Old     (lincoln)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Im looking at the RZ2 for 60K
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
I have a friend that is thinking about purchasing the RZ2 also. I have ridden in one and really liked what I saw. IMO, you couldn't go wrong with it at all. :-)
Old    00wakesetter            06-25-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Just ordered one a couple days ago. Wes, what werent you "impressed" with?
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
theres an RZ4?
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
RZ4 is the 24footer, RZ2 is 22. Sound good?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
The RZ2 that I rode behind had an awesome wake. One of the best wakes I have ridden. Get the ballast though.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
X Star. Tomcat? RZ2?? WTF?

Tomcat? Funny lookin little creation there. is that tower sturdy at all? and those go for what? I'm Guessing $74,000, that nieghborhood?

RZ2? looks like someone took an X Star, Put a wierd tige tower on it, smooshed it down, and found some star wars enthusiast to put graphics that he thought were cool on there.

Is that what all us X-Star people are going to say? good guess.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
I drove it and it had a pretty good wake with very little ballast. I dont know how it would be weighted out. Some boats dog it under load.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
We took one out with Matt Norton and slammed it. With a lot of weight the boat performed well and produced a monster wake.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-26-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
I have an RZ2 and I am very happy with the boat. It is very comfortable and puts out a very nice wake. Just like most Tige boats it handles rough water very well. I take my boat through the Topock gorge near the Havasu area every time out on a weekend which has some very rough water and it has been a champ. The build quality is much improved over years past which was a big reason why I got the boat. Tige Service has been impeccable. I am a very happy owner and would buy another Tige based upon this purchase so far. BTW the RZ4 loaded is about $72K
Old    00wakesetter            06-26-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Put a wierd tige tower on it

hey douche bag, its the same tower as the x star.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-26-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
exactly
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm a Supra guy through and through, definately my favorite inboard, particularly the 21v. However, the other day I got to drive a RZ2 and I was thoroughly impressed. It without a doubt has the best speed control of any manufacturer right now, and the wake was ridiculous. One of the guys I worked with just bought it and I can't wait to ride behind it. Needless to say, I really love the boat, not to mention I think it looks really good. Pictures don't do the boat justice.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have an RZ2 and think it's an awesome boat for the $$. I looked at the other brands and went with the RZ2 for it's rough water ride, price, quality and decent sized wake. We put the Fly High v-drive sacks in it 2 weeks ago for the first time and you didn't even notice a power difference with taking off.

You will get Tige bashers on here but before you go with what they are saying, take the test drive yourself and then decide. I couldn't be happier with my RZ.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
LOL he called that guy a douche bag. i too am looking at the rz2 for my next purchase. probably next week when im off. heard alot of good things about this boat and the nose dont dip like the x-star.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
The nose doesn't dip, but it is low enough to take water over it if you're not careful.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
i don't see why some people have such a hard time saying that the RZ2 is a nice boat. some people just need to relize that tige is making a really nice boat these days. since they moved into their new factory the quality has gone up a lot. i love my RZ2. i'm a member at a private lake over here in Fresno Ca and all the members out their love my boat. theres MC's, SAN's, Malibu's, and moomba's out there and they all love riding behind it. i do have about 2,600 pounds a ballast in it but it kicks up a great wake. one of the members out there just ordered a new 210 and after riding behind adn driving my RZ2 he's second guessing his choise of the 210.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
The RZ4 and RZ2 are very nice boats. The only thing I didn't like was the sales person was saying you don't need ballast to get a good surf wake. I didn't really understand how you can weight on side of the boat with just the taps system. Is this the case? Can any owner's comment on the surf wake?
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-27-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Ron-
I don't think the surf wake on the RZ2 is as nice as many other boats but you can pump a nice wake with some ballast or a group of friends. I am not sure if it is the side hull design or the swim step dragging. I am still playing with it and over all we are getting some good riding.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Ryan, you guys ever need another rider to come along? I'm all over a new RZ2 on a private lake!! Let me know.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yes, for some reason the sale people like to say that Tige's don't need ballasts. However, the std boat's wake is good for Beg to Intermediate riders. You can have the ballast option installed but I would suggest that you ride behind a Tige to see for yourself the size of the wake. This last weekend, I had 9 adults in my Tige, no ballasts, 20 mph, and TAPS at 4 at 65 feet. The wake was 20-24 inches high and nice and beefy. I love it and got some very nice air on my jumps.

Wakesurf: Here is a picture of me. I am just learning and still trying to find the correct wake on the board for this. We had 7 adults in the boat (all mid to back of boat), TAPS at 3, 11.5 mph, 500# sac in locker, and 350# sac in ski locker

Upload

edit: ops, should have said I was 5'8" and it's a 24Ve but same hull design and slightly heavy.

(Message edited by dabell on June 27, 2007)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Big Heavy i'm really busy for the next couple of weeks with different trips and work but after july 14th i'll be in town for a while so i'll let you know. i see that you live in SLO. do you know Jared Couch or Rod as some people call him by
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Yeah I know Rod. He lives in my old house with Ranch(other coach) when he's not at WCC. Where you a camper?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
yeah i was up there for 3 years in a row. Rod and Ranch are cool guys. Rods a great couch. i didn't go to the camp this year but i'll probably go up again next year.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
I can't believe anyone from BofN would tell you that you don't need ballast for surfing. Bags or people, you need weight on one side of the boat, TAPS definitely won't list the boat.