Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
Recently purchased a 2000 Xstar (5.7L Predator)with the PP Cruise system. Haven't had any luck getting it to work yet and finally did some trouble-shooting over the weekend. From what I can tell, my servo knob will not turn at all. Doesn't matter if the boat is turned on and the system is powered or if the boat is turned off. Everything "looks" good from what I can tell and the system does everything it's supposed to do as far as powering up and the display blinking when it's supposed to, just not holding speed (rpm I should say). I did all the troubleshooting techniques on PP's website and have emailed and tried calling them, just haven't gotten ahold of anyone or heard anything back yet.
Anyone have any ideas of what I could/should try next? I'd really like to upgrade the system but would at least like to see how this one holds speed before I do anything.
Thanks in advance!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-18-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Sounds like your Servo has siezed up, as you should be able to turn it easily and as soon as you give electric to the boat, it'll rewind itself (or should).
There is also a fuse for the RPM sensor. Check under your dash for the PP control module and in the corner of it will be the RPM Fuse.

PP has been great when it comes to customer service. They'll handle you.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-19-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, I spoke with Mark Schwartz and he's the man! Great support.

It does sound like the servo motor is toast. If its not performing the auto-tighten function, then its either blown up or its not getting a signal from the master module.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I had the same problem. I took a pair of pliers and manually turned the knob back and forth. Once it broke loose it worked perfect and I have not had a problem since. Worth a try.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Hmmmmmm...... so I guess contacting Perfect Pass tech support wouldnt be able to answer the question... so you came on here... and already got a couple of quality answers... when you find those dont work for you....

Try calling this place... www.perfectpass.com

I think they may be able to help you... if not....

Then I would sell the boat.
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-21-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
Hmmmmmmm....is the title of my post "Can someone please give me a smarta$$ answer to a completely legit question that these forums are known for answering and giving advice on....???"

FYI, the advice worked great. Thanks Scott.
Old     (sv216)      Join Date: May 2008       06-22-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
My servo did the same thing, perfect pass told me to take it apart and try to free it up as it seemed it got moisture in it. It was all corroded up inside so I broke it free and it worked for about a week until I had it scheduled in for some service work. PP were very helpful and only told me to try to break it free in hopes it would get me through untill service time, so no down time. They also give me the option of having my dealer repair it or asked if I wanted them to send me directly the new servo and I could replace it as it is very simple.
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-22-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason. I haven't spoken to them directly yet but I figured there had to be some corrosion going on in there somewhere.