Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
So, which would you go with for a 2001 Supra Santera/SSV replacing the rear sacs?

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_bags/fly+high+pro+x+series+fat+sac.do#

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_bags/fly+high+pro+x+series+rear+gravity+games+sac.do

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_bags/fly+high+pro+x+series+v-drive+sacs+set.do
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-15-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Cost wise I would go with the v drive sacs. If cost isnt an issue go with the rear gravity games sac. The fat sac is will not fill all the way. Its to big for that rear compartment. Hope that helps.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-15-2008, 11:18 PM Reply   
does anyone have a prob with the supra sacs filling more with air than water. brutal. and there is no air bleed valve
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
never had a problem, mine is a 03 ssv. i believe the drain works as a vent?
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
You going to have to just pull a hose for a few seconds to get the air out. I beleive its a quick connect. Pull up on the red part and it releases
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-16-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Dcooper, I just upgraded my 05 22ssv with the Gravity Games sacs in the rear, and they are perfect (both in weight and compartment fit). I didn't upgrade the front (stock bag is 700) and because I ride around 26.5 mph, I have to put a 450 sac in the bow so the nose doesn't porpoise. It's true when people say to make sure to weight the front of the older Supra's, it makes a world of difference in wake size and driving.

Adam, never really had a problem, the air just vents through the auto drain tube but like Ryan H suggested, you can do that as well.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-16-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan, I don't have a factory ballast system. My hoses are 1" and it fills and drains through the same hose. I run about 500 in bow. Would GG sacs still work? I think they have adapters on wakeside.

I was thinking about going with Pro X Series even though they are a little too big and save the extra money. Whatt do think?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-16-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
i would go with the largest bags because you can onlys leave them half full (more/less) but if you want more with a smaller bag you're screwed
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-16-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Dustin, I agree with Nick. Go with the largest your compartment can hold. Not sure if you wakesurf or not but if you do, it helps having the larger bag. Also, depending on how many people you have out on your boat and how big you want your wake at a certain time, it comes in handy to have the option of really loading it down. Before I upgraded, I needed to add an extra sac in the center, even with 6 people in the boat. Now, I can have only 2 people and with the GG sacs, the wake is sweet.

If you go with the larger sacs in the back, I would suggest you upgrade your bow sac to something larger. Are you actually putting the sac in the bow or do you have the sac in center compartment that runs underneath the seats?
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-16-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
I ordered the FLy High Fat Sac, it's 20x20x50 inches. A bit big but the GG Sacs are built for the Supra ballast system and mine was a DIY install. So that works best. I was thinking every extra bit of water would help for surfing.

Ryan - my front sac sits on the floor of the bow, at least it's plumbed into my ballast system so no throwing a pump over the side. In my boat there is a big cooler in the center of the floor and the gas tank is where the ski locker would be in the walk through bow models. No playpen bow for me. If I need I will put an extra 250 pound sac up there, which is what's in the back now.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-16-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Sounds good Dustin, have a great time with the new setup. I've never been on the Santera before so I don't know the layout of the boat. Forgive my ignorance
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-17-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Thanks Ryan. Nobody really knows what the boat is. Do you ever go anywhere besides Willard?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-17-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Dustin, since I live in Layton, I mainly hit up Willard but when that becomes unrideable, I head up to Mantua. Some times I go to East Canyon too but haven't taken my boat up there yet.

Where do you mainly ride?
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-17-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Usually East Canyon, some Pineview or Jordanelle. I live in Mountain Green so it's easy. Willard seems a bit scary right now. Never been to Manatua but it looks nice.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-18-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Dustin, Mantua is nice but a longer drive for me. I don't go to Pineview at all because of the drive and don't want to pay for an additional season past. Also, every time I've been there I've gotten blow out by the wind. I still like Jordanelle and use to live right on the lake a few years ago (I miss it so much). But I only ride there if friends are taking their boat out, it's too far of a drive for me.

Maybe we can hook up to ride one day since we live pretty close to each other?
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-18-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Yeah Ryan, let's get together and ride. I can go occasionally during the week or on weekends. Your boat or mine.