Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    folsomgirl101            06-21-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me about this boat, how does it handel whether driving or sking behind?

Any idea on ball park pricing, 35 HOURS???
Old    zboomer            06-21-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Michelle, I have an '04 SSV and freak'n love it. The more I get used to it, the more I like it. Only at 20 hours so far, so still getting a feel for it, but man it's awesome so far.

Drives great, and feels like a BMW compared to my '92 Mastercraft PS 205 (as it should.)

The stadium seating arrangement is cool too.

As for wakeboarding, it's awesome, but I'm really not good enough to challenge it yet, to be honest. My 15-yr old son son is another matter, and he loves it.

To be honest, in my view, once you reach this level of boat, it becomes a matter of taste as far as wake goes. Any of the top wakeboard boats (SSV, VLX, SAN, X2, yada yada) will give you a great wake.

It's my first V-drive, and it was worth the wait. The space inside rocks, and the chill-factor just hanging out on the lake is incredible. No more direct-drives for me. I like the soft ballast bags also, because they go flat when not in use, giving you a lot more storage space.
Old    folsomgirl101            06-21-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for the info. I fell in love with it as soon as i saw it. I just submitted the financing, sooooo we'll see.

By the way Micah, have you taken your boat to Lake Tahoe? On some boats in choppy water they do not handle well....Any thoughts or comments?
Old    zboomer            06-22-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
Well, I live in Austin, TX so lake Tahoe is a stretch. :-) Last weekend I was on lake Travis however (pretty big lake), and it was damn rough out in the middle with all the big boats. It handled it MUCH better than my old Prostar, but it's never going to take waves like a big, deep-V stern drive. Wakeboard boats are just not designed to.

However, the wakeplate makes a HUGE difference. Put the plate all the way down, bury the nose into the waves, and it does pretty damn good. I can do 30 across chop that would have me going 15 in the Mastercraft.

I wasn't even sure about the wakeplate when I got the boat, but it's awesome. I can't imagine not having it now.

I still back off when I see huge rollers though. Although it could probably take the pounding, I just don't like abusing my boats like that.

We love our SSV, I think you will too if you get it.

Delivery day, http://www.wave-hosting.com/micah/launch/

(Message edited by ZBoomer on June 22, 2004)