Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (peterski)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-27-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Looking at some leftover 2005 Transits. My foot size is 8.5. Rode my brother's 2004s a couple time this season and they killed my feet. They were not broken in. Did they "fix" this in 2005 (i.e. are they more comfortable out of the box or did my bro's simply need to be broken in)? Or, should I go a size bigger and go for the large (narrow)? I've read some reviews which suggested going a size bigger...thanks in advance.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
I have the Camo transits. With size 11 I got XL. They felt big at first, but you just get used to it. My laces never stay tight though. That sux.
What size were your bros?
Old    260searay            10-27-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
My 05 sphynx laces never stay tight either. I think they need a better gizzy that locks them, that plastic piece is cheezy.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
that's funny, cuz my Transits never come loose. I have a size 10 and I got the Large Narrows and they were too tight, I had to take 'em apart and adjust 'em.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
I would have been better off getting the larges and making 'em smaller.
Old     (peterski)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-27-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Sorry, my bro's were Medium which is the size I should be in (riding Alphas currently which fit perfect but very different boots).
Old    wakeboarder408            10-28-2005, 11:31 PM Reply   
Peter, Im a size 8 and i got the 05' Transits LE in a MED and after the 3rd pair(yes, 3RD!!) they fit me perfect. The first pair crushed my 2 smallest toes on my left foot causing numbness after like 10 minutes of riding so i took them back and got a 2nd pair. Well, that second pair did the same thing but now its on the right foot and it also had a small tear on the inside of the left binding. Took those back and got me the 3rd pair and this one is perfect and havent had a problem since. The quality control team sucks when it came to these bindings cuz on the first 2 pairs, you can see a big difference in the opening where your feet goes through. One was bigger than the other. I had the 04's too in a MED and those were fine but i sold those.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
I'm a size 8 and I got the '05 transits in med and they fit perfectly. I don't know if it was the footbed but they actually felt smaller or tighter than the 04 med transits. The 04's were way loose around the ankles and toes. They did hurt a little when I first tried them but after a couple sets, they felt perfect...until I ripped the sides off the base plate. I ripped the minx of the base plate too. Is it just me or is the binding material just too closely cut?
Old    djjstylz            11-02-2005, 3:26 AM Reply   
I am a size 8-9 depending on the shoes, the wider the shoe the better. I have the transits in a medium and they are like pillows... no bunching, pinching, smushing or anything. I also have never used any slime to get in them. I haven't slipped out of them yet, I am a beginner so I have taken some hard falls and no slips yet. I guess you have to come across the right pair. Hopefully you will find them!
Old    wakeceo            11-02-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
You could go with the Large Narrow and just mold them. Heat them up in hot water and then put them on and wear them for a bit then spray them with cool water. I know that www.BakesOnline.com has Large Narrow still...and I am pretty sure they have a Medium in the ProShop they would sell if you called em.