Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-03-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
I spent the day in a 2012 MB B52 this past weekend (currently have a 2008 SANTE 210) and I have to say that I was blown away by the quality and wake of this boat (I haven't had much exposure to other boats outside the "Big 3").

Wake: Just stock, big, meaty, loads of pop, super clean and easy to balance side-to-side. Hands down the best "stock wake" I have ever ridden. The non-pump ballast system is just brilliant and the surf wake was incredible too.

Interior: Vinyl was top notch, I felt like it was every bit as well put together as my CC. I really liked the patterns in the vinyl too. The magnetic carpet is a really nice feature also - no snaps to break or to step on when the carpet is removed. Seats were comfy and storage was ample.

Exterior: Swim deck was super solid (mine tends to bounce a little bit), tower never made one hint of a rattle even after hitting monster rollers going down the lake at transit speed, and I love how the graphics are embedded in the Gel Coat (no need to worry about a peeling or faded decal).

Verdict: IMO, as the Big 3 keep going up in price (seems like almost all of their models are now in excess of $100k) and pricing those of us that do not make loads of money out of the market, quality "price point" boats like MBs/Supras/Axis/etc. are only going to gain in popularity as people realize that they can give the "majors" a run for their money in terms of wake, quality, etc. Exciting times for our sport.