Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-19-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Are there any Girls in South Carolina who ride?
Old     (ridinsidewayz)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-25-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Um I gotta sister, well two of them and a 2000 Super Air Nautique on Lake Hartwell... And a girl riding buddy named Ronni that lives on the Clemson Campus. If you're looking for a boat full of chicks to ride with, then I can't help you.... But if you're looking for a roughly 50/50 ratio of girls/guys in a boat with a nice wake, I'm up there every weekend from April to October. We just ride and chill, make a day out of it and learn off of each other. Age ranges from 15 to 28, skill ranges from surface 180's to one of them has a mobe and a cab 540.. And the rest (me) somewhere in between there . Any unanswered questions then feel free to IM/email/PM.

-Robert.
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-17-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
Yup! I'm a SC girl myself! I am in Gaffney. Which is kinda between Spartanburg and Charlotte. Most people have never heard of it. I just started riding 2 years ago. I'm picking up my new boat this week. It's a 2001 Moomba Mobius. Always looking for lake buds!}
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-18-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
Awesome I know where Gaffeney is.Congrats on the new boat! I started riding about 6 years ago and then quit with it and just last year since I found out about the INT league in South Carolina I started riding seriously again. I would love to come ride with ya. I have an 18' inboard/outboard that I am working on right now that I will be riding behind so you are welcome to come ride with me as well. I live down in Charleston.
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
What is the INT league in SC? I'm still new to wakeboarding and I haven't heard of that.
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-18-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
The INT is where you can compete in competitions against people in your skill level. I competed in the Womens Entro Division last year. Here is the webpage www.intleague.com then just click on south carolina and it will tell you everything you need to know, if you have any questions just ask me. Also here is my email addy wakechica21@yahoo.com
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
Thanks! I'll check it out! Maybe after I get some practice on a real wake I get join! I've never rode behind a wakeboard boat before! All I ever had was my dad's 1978 hydrasport. It was just a small pleasure boat with an outboard 140 on it. I'm stoked about this summer! It can't come fast enough for me! I saved your email! Mine is on my profile! Thanks Girl!
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-18-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Yea I ride behind a 1990 17' Keywest Center console right now. I can't afford an actual wakeboard boat. A friend of ours gave us an 18' Bowrider Inboard boat but it needs a lot of interior work, such as new seats and a new floor so thats going to be my new ride this summer, I'm planning on putting a tower and some fat sacs in it, so hopefully it will throw a nice wake. its gotta be better than the center console.LOL The INT is a lot of fun, you meet a lot of great people who are willing to help you out. It would be great to have another girl join, there was only about 6 or 7 of us including the little kids that were wakeboarding. They also have divisions for slalom skiing, kneeboarding and wakeskating.
Old     (texasintleague)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
wakechica, what part of SC are you in? Check out the Southtown Riders in Fort Mills they have a lot of good girl riders and a great bunch of wakeboarders! Greetings from Texas INT!!
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-27-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Patrick I am in the Charleston area near the coast. How can I get in touch with the Southtown riders?
Old     (texasintleague)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
http://www.southtownriders.com/

tell 'em I sent ya!