Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    jaytee            10-06-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
Getting transferred to Heath from Dallas....any nearby lakes good for boarding?? Thanks,
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-06-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hey, I moved to Columbus about 3.5 months ago. I have had no problem getting on the water. Your only like 25 miles from C-bus from what I understand. I'd imagine your close to at least a few lakes. Don't plan on boarding much more this year, unless your bringing it for the snow. Winters suck up here, the season is over for most people. Only the diehards will stay out for another 2 or 3 weeks.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-06-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
Yep. Weather sucks. I haven't been gettin out because of the kids sports and work, but if you have a drysuit your good for a little while longer. I HAVE to get out at least once more this year.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-07-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
I guess to answer your question, here are some of the lakes I know of...
Buckeye Lake, Alum Creek, Deleware Lake, O'Shaughnesy (sp?) Reservoir, Griggs Reservoir
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-07-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
We were actually trunking it on Oct 3rd. Chilly only the first time you went in. Right now we have drought conditions...nothing like out west, but I can't park my boat at the dock anymore. OUr plan is to stay with it until Halloween and then be done.

Eric
Old    wakejump            10-07-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
there are a few around
Old    odb            10-07-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
check these guys out

www.wakeboardohio.com
Old    snoobs            10-07-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Nice forum. I like the new girls wakeboard pants that I'm finding on the forum already..
http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com/uploadPics/jasonzx7r2000/paddock_girl.jpg

(Message edited by snoobs on October 07, 2004)
Old    jaytee            10-10-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info!! Wasn't quite looking forward to the move at first, but the outlook isn't as bad now. Will finally get to learn to snowboard too. What lakes have y'all been on specifically???
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-10-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
I've skied on O'Shaugnessy and Griggs
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-13-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
im from ohio and i ride...i cant stand it...season is way to short. i live in the youngstown area and ride on blerin lake lake milton and such...and i work at one of the only wake shops around. check it out if you need some gear skilimited.com
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
Season is way too short? Here in Columbus it's pretty trivial to ride March through October. That's about 2/3 of the year we're on the water. Outside of Florida or CA, that's hard to beat. Since I'm old those "off" months are good to mix it up with some snowboarding and strength training in the gym, probably not needed for you young guys.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-13-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Brian,

I have bought alot of equipment from ski limited over the years. One question for you - does Ski limited allow people to demo boards and bindings.
Old     (the_regulator)      Join Date: May 2004       10-13-2004, 11:21 PM Reply   
I'd say buckeye lake is your best bet, at least that i know of. i live about 20 miles east of Heath and most of the time i go on a river, and sometimes lake,works fine for me. Anyways, you shouldnt have much trouble findin a place to ride
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2004, 6:07 AM Reply   
richard, not really ever since we got this new manager...hes up tight about alot of stuff and i hate it...he ruined what we were about. but we have a performance guarantee so if you buy a board and you're not happy with it you can return it and try somethin else..but its gotta be within 30 days...
Old     (riderx77)      Join Date: May 2001       10-15-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
trunked it 10/10 in the 'nati. if you ever want to hit up the dirty rivers, let me know. some of the local talent resides at nowake.com.

kb