Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (v10tdi)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
hey guys,

im about to purchase a bayliner cruiser 265 sunbridge, 2006 model. i want something that can hold quite a few people/livable/and wakeboardable... best of all worlds... but im worried since its not a "Wakeboarding boat", it may not be much fun once i get more advanced. any thoughts on this? i cant find any good pics of what the wake looks like at the right speeds, that i would use.

its a big purchase... and besides being able to live in it months at a time (long vacations), wakeboarding will be the second biggest reason im buying a boat.

thanks!!
Old     (v10tdi)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
ooh, heres a link: http://www.bayliner.com/cruisers.asp?modelid=78815&year=2007

and it has tabs, if that helps.... which i believe i read that it does. sorry, just getting into this scene.

<--- newbie

thanks!
dave
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-29-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
That is a huge boat to board behind. I would reccomend reevaluating your boat choice if you are interested in watersports at all.
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-30-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
mabye youre a customer for the matercraft x80? It is a pretty decent sized boat and holds many people and is also a wakeboarding boat
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-30-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Your boat will weigh almost 6000# and it's only got a 220 HP engine. That means it's a long time to pull someone up. Get the Bravo III and the 350 Mag. The twin screws really help getting that onto plane.
It has a pretty flat bottom for a cruiser so maybe the wake is OK but I don't know. When you ride in it check to see if you can get any portion of the wake clean without froth.
Waterskiing is kind of out.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
I bet that the X-80 is a solid $25-50 grand or more than that bayliner though