Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-07-2007, 12:37 AM Reply   
So what is the word on the Nautique 236? I just bought one but is being built as we speak. Should be here in sometime in August. How is the stock wake compared to a malibu or xstar as I have ridden both in the last month? I just sold me 02 210 SANTE and looking forward to the new ride.

John
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
John, I haven't seen it first hand but have been told by a few people who have ridden Murray's that it is bigger and firmer than Nunn's 23 lsv. Obviously it is slammed but from what Nunn and others have said it has a great shape with a nice transition and firm lip. It also yaws less than your old SANTE and the new 220. I think you are going to be very very happy with your purchase. :-)
Old    bocephus            07-07-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
Lots of pictures and info on the 236 at Planet Nautique...

This thread is kind of funny...

To Much Weight?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I got to ride behind the boat when it first came out with Shawn Watson, Danny Harf, Gabe Lucas, and Adam Wensink. The wake looked really good, although I think the boat was underpropped. We had about 12 people in the boat and only stock ballast. The pros wanted to add more weight, but the boat couldnt plane.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-07-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I wouldn't know about the stock weight, but when loaded the 236 is giving nothing up to an X-star. It seems to drive a little better when weighted also, but I was only a passenger, so I can't be sure.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   

quote:

I wouldn't know about the stock weight, but when loaded the 236 is giving nothing up to an X-star.

no offense but if you were just a passanger....how would you know?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
How good is the surf wake?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-08-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Big Ed- Prolly because Nick rides behind an X-Star most of the time(heavy). And has ridden in many many wakeboats, so I know I would believe it.
Maybe try reading the whole thing too! might help.
"It seems to drive a little better when weighted also, but I was only a passenger, SO I CAN'T BE SURE"
He's also driven an X while I was in tow, so it wouldn't be a big stretch to compare how a boat you usually ride in handles,} even as a passenger in a new boat.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-08-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Sorry, I have ridden the Xstar and the 236 when fully weighted, but I have only driven the star. So I have riding experience on both, but have only driven one. My bad on the wording there....
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Tyler,not really sure what's up your butt but carry on....

Nick,thanks for the explanation.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-08-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
Ed- Everything I said was subjective... apparently you didn't read his entire post, because if you had you would have also quoted his last sentence which I did for you... nothin up my butt check yourself.

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on July 08, 2007)
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-09-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
I am so looking forward to getting the new ride, I have looked through most of the pics at PlanetNautique and I am very impressed at the new 236. I heard through the grapevine the 236 will be the new SuperAir in 08. I love the X-star and Wakesetter wakes so I believe the 236 will be right up my alley. Some days I ride well and other days I ride so-so and on the old 02' SAN if you were having an off day the steep wake made it even worse. I will be looking forward to a more mellow wake now that I am getting older and my body hurts after one day of riding.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-09-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
I did read and thought I quoted the whole thing but obviously didn't.....that still doesn't mean I didn't read his whole post and still doesn't mean that it made sense.

He came back and fixed it so like I said....remove the broom stick and why don't you check me FOO!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-09-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
It seems weird to be asking this question AFTER making the purchase.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-09-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I was just wanting to get everyones opinion that rode in or behind one since I havn't done either yet. This thread is only reinforcing my decision on the purchase. I have read nothing but good reviews so far on most of the wakeboard forums.

My main problem is no one in my area has one, my dealer is 4-5hrs away, and while they had one in stock they did not have a trailer to demo it on the lake. It also was not the colors or options I wanted so I had to order one and hope for the best.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Buyer re assurance? Or he wants to hear what a cool guy he is for buying one. Anyway congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it even though the wake sucks. J/K
Its a nice boat!!!
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-09-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Maybe a little bit of both bro...thx

Hopefully in 15 years I will get the title from the bank.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Theres a title to boats?