Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-30-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
So is it opening today? It's the last day of November!

"Status - the six towers have been installed, the running cables are in place, the dock is being installed, electricity is being run, permitting is handled, and the train track for the Tram (3,000 feet of it) has been built. The unusual amount of rain has been causing delays, but progress continues. The crew from Rixen will return in a couple of weeks perform the final steps of installation. We will finally be shredding in November!"

(Message edited by eubanks01 on November 30, 2009)
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-30-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
hahahahaha
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-30-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
ha i wish! I want to try that place out in december. does anyone know what the real status it, and when WE WILL FINALLY BE SHREDDING?????
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-30-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
I'm starting to think this place is a myth, you would think that with all the awesome features they have been saying they will have, train, adjustable hydraulic rails, 6 towers, obstacles... we would actually be able to see more progress, pictures, or something to get pumped up for when it actually opens...

I guess speculation and rumors could be the best form of marketing? thats mainly how Apple does it...

I'll believe it when I actually see it.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-30-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Well, I just bought a Mac so it must be working!

Where is Jeff to settle the debate?
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-30-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
So I heard, hard to pass up that 27 inch beauty though, I thought about the switch as well...
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-30-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Cant wait till its complete! Ill def gotta go and check it out!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
Sorry everyone, I have been out for Thanksgiving.

Yes this park is for real, we have had a lot of delays, but we continue to push forward.

We are 95% complete, just finishing up the finish grade on the lake, we will start to fill the lake this week, we are getting really close.

I will Post more info and pictures as we start getting closer to completion.

I feel we will have some December riding for whomever is ready to shred in the cold.

I will update this thread at the end of this week.

Jeff
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-01-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
how about december 12th???? I will be in dallas and you better be done
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
Snowing at WakeSport Ranch today, not good, more delays.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-02-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
The word is more snow and ice friday too.. BUMMER!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-05-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Latest Update

Construction Status
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After numerous and continuing rain delays, equipment break downs, and scheduling conflicts, I am pleased to announce that the lake is currently being filled with water for the last time. The power company is installing the permanent power to the facility the second week of this month. The installer from the equipment manufacturer, Rixen, will return the first week in January to finish installing the electrical and controls. We will be testing the system mid next month, riding the cable and testing the jumps in wet suits, of course. Season pass holders will be invited to come out in January for some early riding on the cable.
Old     (codyb)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-19-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
95% complete? I drove down there to take a look for myself and it still looks the same! WTF!!! What's taking so long?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
Confucius says "patience rewards those who wait".

Jeff, happy to hear that the project is progressing. Myself and two buddies are making that trip I'd mentioned, should be buying plane tickets in the next few weeks. Central Cal is coming to visit at the end of May!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-21-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
Yes Cody we are 95% complete.

Lake is dug, Towers are up, cable is ran, Rixen will be back 1st week in January to finish the control panel and hook up electrical.

We finished up the finish dirt work for the lake and the lake is being filled.

We are finishing the Dock this week.

As far as whats taking so long, well when you build one of the biggest Cable Parks in the world, it takes some time, it is a huge project, I don't think that just over 1 year is taking soooo long.

Glad to hear that Big Heavy, we will be ready for the Central Cal riders to shred the park.

We will be hosting the IWWF Nationals first week of June as well, so plan your trip around that, if you are coming last week in May, then you should be good to go.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-21-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'm in!
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-21-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update jeff. I was hoping to wakeboard this weekend when i was in dallas for christmas but ill go shred some snow and build my anticipation for wakeboarding season instead!!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Ryan - Where in Dallas? The WBC crew might be riding somewhere this weekend but I'm not sure.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-21-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
up in carrollton from the 24-27th.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
You can try www.wakeboardchurch.com or www.dallaswakeboarding.com and see if folks are going out. I probably won't be riding though.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-21-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
cool thanks man. Why arent you gonna go out?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
It's called being married, having a 1 year old kid, and having ALL of your family in town. If I end up getting out, then I'll for sure let you know. The WBC Lavon crew rides every Sunday but I think a lot of the folks will be out of town for Christmas.

P.S. Sick profile pic of the raley/911 off the TSR kicker!

(Message edited by eubanks01 on December 21, 2009)