Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-08-2010, 1:30 AM Reply   
been out surfing in the ocean a bunch the last couple weeks and bought a new wetsuit ...... last year we were talking about wetsuits vs drysuits ...... alot of people liked the oniel heat wetsuit ...... i just bought one today and used it and i was amazed at how comfortable and easy to move in it was ..... i havent been in a new drysuit but i dont see how it could be any more comfortable then the oniel heat wetsuit
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
The Oneill Heat is an awesome suit. Mine has now been converted to a Long Sleeve Spring Suit. haha
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-08-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
with a purse holder?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Frank, of course
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-08-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
inside private joke LOL .... im happy for you mitch!! me n chris will be at orville both days dude so you better be there both days also!!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-08-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
^Frank,I'm in too.
Hopin that it's not time for the wetsuit just yet though.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-08-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
I went with that suit this past spring and have the same thoughts. The first couple of times I wore it, my shorts didn't even get wet. I tried on several dry suits and decided that they weren't for me. I couldn't stand the collar suffocating me around my neck so I went with a wetsuit instead of the dry. I have worn it in 52 degree water and it was great.

Last edited by timmyb; 10-08-2010 at 1:17 PM.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have a drysuit for sale. It's a nice barefoot, used like 3 times. I am gonna buy a super high end 5ml for ocean and wakesurfing
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-11-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
I'm looking at this wetsuit. You people using the 3/2 or the 4/3 thick Oneil Heat?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-11-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
mines a 4/3 ..... and its lighter then my older oniel 4/3 ..... ive surfed in mine 3 times now and it doesnt leak a drop ...... makes you think twice about peeing
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Thats pretty funny. How can you not pee though? I remember being out in Ventura in the Fall or Early winter, l looked forward to a good pee. ;-)
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-11-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
I've been talking with my two daughters about the perils of pee in the wetsuit. They think it's hysterical.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
I thought it was gross when I was told about "surfer's delight" when I started surfing more in high school. Enough to wear a suit and hit the cold water. But once you do it, you look forward to it. LOL, it probably helps protect you from the crap in the ocean. I have no idea about that, just funny.

Looking forward to surfing with you guys soon Frank!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-11-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
surfed again today and it was rocking ...... i have to admit i pee a few times in my wetsuit per session and i always let a little water in down the neck to mix it up ...... chris has longboarded with me many times but he wants to ride a shortboard so tomorrow im taking him ater school because the swell is so perfect ...... im even getting a shortboard made for me now ...... be interseting to see how really short it will be LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-12-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSqueakyWheel View Post
I'm looking at this wetsuit. You people using the 3/2 or the 4/3 thick Oneil Heat?
4/3 here as well. I think I got it on sale for $149.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-12-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
Wow. That's $100 off MSRP. Do you mind posting where you got it for that price?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-13-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
I went and looked after you posted that and it turns out that I have the Epic II and not the heat - please disregard my comments towards the heat suit and direct them towards the cheaper version called the Epic.