Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    jiving            02-19-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
Anyone have any experience with a good board bag for flying? Not sure which bag has the best protection.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-20-2004, 12:22 AM Reply   
I've used my old as hell Liquid Force Slick bag for 7 years. Seams started to bust just a little, main material is some durable rubberized stuff. I don't know if they make them out of that anymore, I haven't had to look into getting a new one.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-20-2004, 4:53 AM Reply   
I have an older CWB padded bag, I've had it for 6 years now. Done quite a bit of traveling with it and its held up great, lots of trans-atlantic flying. The newer bags with all the wheels, look really good, especially the one from LF. The only problem is, they are alot bigger, so you'll probably pay more for oversize.
on a side note, grab some of those edge protectors they ship the boards in, you should be able to find some in your local board shop. Or pipe insulation, put that round the edge of the board, and it'll protect it alot.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
I just picked up some 3/8" X 7/8" pipe insulation from The Home Depot for $1.97 for a 6'piece. It took 4 pieces to wrap all of the edges of my two boards. Throw the boards in my bag and I'm off to Vegas! Pretty cheap protection if you ask me.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
i bought a kite surfing bag, it only cost me £35 in england, compared to a similar wakebag for £70-80.

paded etc, fits 2-3 boards with 1 set of bindings and all my kit,