Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Just wanted to pass along my recent experience with AquaLEDs (aqualeds.com)

I had read several positive reviews on here from members about AquaLEDs. I went ahead and ordered two white underwater LED lights. One of the lights was delivered defective. I called the company but had to make several phone calls to get a hold of anyone. When I was finally able to speak to someone (Gene), I told him what had happened. He told me I would need to return it and that they would then send out a new one. I expected that. To make a long story short, I bought a new light to expedite the process and was told I would be refunded when the defective light was returned.

After more than a month, it had not been refunded. I gave it 5 weeks. I tried several times to call the company and despite calling during business hours, I was never able to speak to anyone. I left several messages but with no response. Finally, I was able to speak to Gene yesterday and he insisted that it had already been refunded. As I still did not see it posted on my bank account, I sent him the following email. It was his response that floored me. Follow the email chain below. I know it is long, but it is telling.

Gene,

I am becoming quite frustrated with the service your company has provided. My original order was damaged requiring me to return the product. Rather than refund my money, I was required to purchase another light and send back the defective one. I was told at that time that as soon as the defective light was returned, my money would be immediately refunded.

I purchased a new light on May 29th. I returned the defective light the following day.

As of today, July 2nd, I have yet to receive a refund. When I spoke to you this morning via telephone (after 4 previous phone calls that were not returned), I was told that it had already been refunded.

I have gone over my bank account records thoroughly, and the money has indeed not been refunded.

This service is extremely disappointing. I first heard about Aqua LEDs through online forums on TheMalibuCrew and WakeWorld. These are extremely big forums and positive feedback has the potential to drive a lot of traffic to your company. Based on my experience thus far, I do not feel that I can give a positive review of your company.

Please see that the situation is corrected and my money refunded.

Thank you.

His reply:

You were refunded. I take that as an insult and you may say what you will. It will not hurt our $50k a day business. we have been very busy and under staffed, so we do the best we can. And if your crying about $125, well then you are in the wrong past time. (boating)

My reply:

Wow! You're quick and sarcasm-filled response only further confirmed my poor impression of your company. If anything, I am the one that should be insulted by your total lack of professionalism. I admit that I was upset, but that still does not justify a juvenile response on your behalf. A simple explanation that it was refunded yesterday and might take a few days to post would have been sufficient. An apology would have done wonders to change my impression.

For a company making $50,000/day, you would think that you could hire more help. At a minimum, you should be able to hire a receptionist to answer your phones. Clearly, your company is much bigger than me and my measly $125. Thank you for the advice though. I have now decided to give up boating.

2nd Reply

You insulted me. When you called today, I said you had been refunded, then you email tonight to tell me how you are going to * try* to ruin my image..LoL.. sorry, for every 1000 lights I sell I always get a Dollar Boater... You know, the guy that holds up the fuel dock to put $10 in their tank..

Who wants to do business with a company that treats their customers with such disdain? I don't care how good the product is...

Be warned and take your business elsewhere!
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
Wow. They should have a confirmation email that your were refunded. I hope this forum gets a lot of views!
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 7:31 PM Reply   
What is his email?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
Wow. Based on that exchange I don't even know what to say..speechless. If he is the owner then the behavior won't change. If he isn't the owner, I would show him the door if he worked for me. A $50k a day business can go to $0 real quick.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsquared211 View Post
Wow. They should have a confirmation email that your were refunded. I hope this forum gets a lot of views!
He pasted the confirmation within the body of his email to me tonight, but it was only sent after I inquired about it.

His email is: sales@aqualeds.com
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
His latest response:

Really? You have no right to post any of my confidential emails in a public forum, with out my permission. I like guys like you, you make things interesting, all I can say is lawyer up.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
I think this is how it works... If you have an email agreement between you and the company that they will refund you then they have to refund you because you have a written agreement that can be proved. If this was me I would email them and ask for the date and time of refund and for a receipt of that refund. Im pretty sure they are required by law to give you proof of a refund. Once and if they give you that "proof" if you can not find it on the bank statement, go to your bank and have them provide you with proof that that transaction never took place in your account. You then have 100% indisputable proof that that transaction never occurred in your account. Then report them. If you what you are saying is true, then you should have no problem with this.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsquared211 View Post
I think this is how it works... If you have an email agreement between you and the company that they will refund you then they have to refund you because you have a written agreement that can be proved. If this was me I would email them and ask for the date and time of refund and for a receipt of that refund. Im pretty sure they are required by law to give you proof of a refund. Once and if they give you that "proof" if you can not find it on the bank statement, go to your bank and have them provide you with proof that that transaction never took place in your account. You then have 100% indisputable proof that that transaction never occurred in your account. Then report them. If you what you are saying is true, then you should have no problem with this.
I will give it 5 days to confirm that it was indeed refunded. I am confident that it will be. I do feel that it is important that others are aware of the experience I have had though, so they do not make the same mistake.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfan83 View Post
His latest response:

Really? You have no right to post any of my confidential emails in a public forum, with out my permission. I like guys like you, you make things interesting, all I can say is lawyer up.
Ha... youre allowed to post the email wherever you want... I found it on their public website. http://aqualeds.com/contact.htm
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-02-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
Wow, what a total prick. Hopefully his business goes down the ****ter.02
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-02-2013, 8:12 PM Reply   
Judging By This Guys cocky Character And "Lawyer Up" Phrase. it Sounds Like There May Have Been A Disclaimer On The Email. Then Again, I'm Pretty Sure He's Threatening You To shut You Up. Thx for The Info, I Was Actually In The Market And Looking Into This Brand. Crisis averted!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-02-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Ken Land of lights?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-02-2013, 9:18 PM Reply   
Wow, I have been in sales/customer service in some way for the last ten years and I have to say... that is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

E mail is the easiest way to give a calm collected response as it is easier to to control the emotion rather than just "let it go" and lose your cool.

Quite the arrogant dude...

a claimed 50k a day in sales... so they are around 13 million in sales per year. One would think they'd staff up or at least not have such an amateur looking website if they are so awesome.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
Wow, I have been in sales/customer service in some way for the last ten years and I have to say... that is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

E mail is the easiest way to give a calm collected response as it is easier to to control the emotion rather than just "let it go" and lose your cool.

Quite the arrogant dude...

a claimed 50k a day in sales... so they are around 13 million in sales per year. One would think they'd staff up or at least not have such an amateur looking website if they are so awesome.
Exactly! More like 18 million though. And does this look like an 18 million/year company?
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by cougarfan83; 07-02-2013 at 9:32 PM. Reason: picture upload problem
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 9:59 PM Reply   
Maybe if that was a drug stash house! Hahaha
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-02-2013, 11:29 PM Reply   
Man I was looking at these too! Ill be sure to spread the word
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       07-03-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
It really is unfortunate when a company with a good product acts in such a way. I can see where he could be frustrated but the appropriate response would be to simply give you the date and account to which the credit was applied so it can be sorted out.

I am considering LEDs and these guys were at the top of the list.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-03-2013, 6:00 AM Reply   
Wow!!

I have been dealing with customers/ vendors and purchase a million or so dollars a year in tools and equipment. If a vendor told me that, no one in the company would ever use them again.

I myself am in the market for LEDs and was looking at that brand also. Not now!
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-03-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
The real question here is when did Lon start selling LEDs??? Seriously though is a $125 light worth hurting your business' reputation...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
Wow!!!!!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-03-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
That sounds just like a guy I used to work for. Some people just don't know how to treat a customer. Hopefully his business suffers from this. Maybe he will learn something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
I def will not be buying my LED's from them!! 50k a day??? ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
Old     (sgoyal)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-08-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
I def will not be buying my LED's from them!! 50k a day??? ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
May be a typo error by few zeros

Samsung S4...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-08-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
HOLY! That is insane. What a response!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
What a douche, That building screams million dollar business!
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-08-2013, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfan83 View Post
Exactly! More like 18 million though. And does this look like an 18 million/year company?
[IMG][/IMG]
Not sure if xtrememarine and aqualed are one in the same? Here's what Google maps shows at Aqualeds address as shown on their website:

Name:  aqualed.jpg
Views: 5646
Size:  39.8 KB

Maybe a $50k/year business... gross. But I doubt that as well.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-08-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Sounds like he HAD a 50K per year business. Probably 25K per year real soon.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-09-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a company to avoid!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-09-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
Great to hear. I will never buy from this company. Hope you post this on malibucrew and the axis site. We need to help keep people from getting in bad situations like this.
Old     (steveo142)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-09-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
Thats probably his KIA out front, lol
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up. Even if they made a great product I wouldn't want my money going to someone who doesn't value their customers.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-09-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
Does the company have a fb page? Have you contacted the BBB?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-09-2013, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo142 View Post
Thats probably his KIA out front, lol
Thats giving him some credit... I assumed he was in that old jalopy plymouth in the background.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       07-09-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Man I was looking at these too! Ill be sure to spread the word
yep I was dead set on ordering 4 of these! thanks for the heads up!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
I found this thread on offshoreonly.com.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...ighting-5.html
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-09-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
keeping payment for a product that's been returned, i'm no lawyer but has a theft feel to me. can you cancel the transaction through your credit card company?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
Bad move on his part. Keep us in the loop!!

CURT we have two SeaBlaze 3's on the back of the Tige, they rock!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-09-2013, 5:35 PM Reply   
Chris has been a regular on THT for as i can remember. He started this in his garage and has gotten better and better. i have never heard anything but good reviews about his product and service.

Take a look:
http://coastalnightlights.com/
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-18-2013, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Bad move on his part. Keep us in the loop!!

CURT we have two SeaBlaze 3's on the back of the Tige, they rock!
My $ has since been returned. My intent in posting was simply to use his own words to demonstrate how he treats his customers. Pretty poorly.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2013, 6:34 PM Reply   
one of the bonuses of a forum like this...real world feedback.

Nice job aqualeds.com, I'll cross them off the list of viable vendors for my business. of course, they're doing $50k/day, so what do they care.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-18-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
I'd venture to say that most of the population wouldn't be ok with throwing away $125 because someone is so crappy at running a business they can't provide proof of a refund in an email. Its about principle and integrity, not money. Instead of writing smart ass comments back to you, he should've been digging to find the refund he supposedly already gave you and proved you wrong with facts, not his smart mouth... well apparently not so smart mouth.
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       07-19-2013, 6:56 AM Reply   
I've been curious to see how this thread would go. I purchased two lights about a month ago. I was excited to get them and wanting to have them in for the 4th of July houseboat trip. I got a confirmation email that my order had been processed. After that a week or so went by and the tracking number was never updated. I called and left a message on their machine during business hours and never got a return call from anyone. I tried calling a couple more times and always got the machine. They showed up the day before we left and I was able to get them on and had them for the 4th. They worked awesome, i only bought two lights so i'm not a "huge" customer by any means but i wasn't blown away by the customer service but it is a nice product. Just my $.02
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-19-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Jeff (OP), if you don't get refunded give me a call. I'll give you a $125 gift card in our pro shop and you can spend it on whatever you want. It's not a cash refund, but maybe it will help offset your experience. PM me or call em at the shop later and I'll hook you up. Craig.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Looks like someone knows how to treat customers and gain new business

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-20-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Craig, I got stiffed a week or two ago online. haha
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-20-2013, 10:08 AM Reply   
I looked at these lights but decided on Shadow Caster instead. Great people to work with and awesome products.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-20-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
Jeff (OP), if you don't get refunded give me a call. I'll give you a $125 gift card in our pro shop and you can spend it on whatever you want. It's not a cash refund, but maybe it will help offset your experience. PM me or call em at the shop later and I'll hook you up. Craig.
What a nice guy. Do you have an online store?
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-20-2013, 9:23 PM Reply   
Ha Chase!

We don't have an online store but we do have a big pro shop.. Just trying to help out. Maybe the Aqua LED boys will step up and make things right.. I'm pretty sure they don't understand "the customer is always right"
Horrible move on they're part IMO.. Can't imagine sending that to a customer.. Yikes.
Old     (AquaLeds)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
We have been makin underwater lights for over a decade. while they all came an gone the best as been here since 1999.. first of all you all only heard his side and not the part were he was calling me a niger and a liar on the phone... well we have a saying in S.Florida (stand your ground state) you say what you want... but your pussy ass is going to get clocked ( Cali style) Can't stand a kid that uses mommy's Ski boat and her Gas card.. to bad mouth a real man. and we don't drive Kia's like you in Cali... we drive American Muscle... and 700+ HP in our Baja... so keep cryin like a Califoraaaa pussy boy.. you got your $$ back.. send those the lights back I'll refund you and you can spend $400 each on other lights
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-22-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Wow, and you're a 'businessman' ?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-22-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
Did that really just happen?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-22-2013, 3:01 PM Reply   
Careful Fiver, you'll get clocked!!!! Cali style of course
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2013, 3:01 PM Reply   
Tuning into this... Could be one for the record books....
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
Lon did you move to Florida??
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2013, 3:24 PM Reply   
I hope Tim from Wetsounds, Dave from Earmark, and Phil from Kicker check this guys setup because he sounds way toooooooo legit
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-22-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Ahh that moment when a thread goes from amusing to epic. Today it occurred at 1:46pm and we are better for it.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-22-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
The real question here is when did Lon start selling LEDs??? Seriously though is a $125 light worth hurting your business' reputation...
Dude you called it, it is Lon!!

What an idiot.
Old     (AquaLeds)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
Im not a business man..Im Machinist and he would have said to me what, he said to me on the phone to my face he would have got his azz knocked out... ya im old school .. like your Dad was... If you had a Dad that you knew.. well then don't hang our lights on your boat... spend deep for China or the UK junk ... America is just gettin dumber... I sell 70% of my orders out of this country.. cuz they like the American in your face quality.. you guy's like WalMart cheap China junk with a 5000% mark up... who is stupid...not me
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-22-2013, 3:43 PM Reply   
A good read for sure. Thanks!!!! I would say if you were a real man your product would have more then a 2 year warranty. Just kidding. Don't hit me!
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-22-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
There is no way that this is real. Trollolololllol
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-22-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLeds View Post
Im not a business man..Im Machinist and he would have said to me what, he said to me on the phone to my face he would have got his azz knocked out... ya im old school .. like your Dad was... If you had a Dad that you knew.. well then don't hang our lights on your boat... spend deep for China or the UK junk ... America is just gettin dumber... I sell 70% of my orders out of this country.. cuz they like the American in your face quality.. you guy's like WalMart cheap China junk with a 5000% mark up... who is stupid...not me
I regret giving this guy my business. LED's might be great for the price (though the brass discolors very quickly) but there are better American Made LED's out there, sadly not for similar money.

Had I known this was the type of person selling me goods, I would have spent more elsewhere.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ashton View Post
There is no way that this is real. Trollolololllol
He's mastered the internet if it's fake, unfortunately I don't think it is.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-22-2013, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
... America is just gettin dumber...
Yikes! I only edited your post to show the significantly ironic part of it.
Old     (keithwallaz)      Join Date: May 2013       07-22-2013, 4:35 PM Reply   
Ok, I have followed this from the get go and there is no way this isn't a troll. No sound business man would come on a forum and act like this? This has got to be a joke....Troll.....
Old     (AquaLeds)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
Do you know what the irony is in all of this, is that you are taking time out of your day to bash me when you haven't one inkling of a clue what you are talking about. "The customer is always right," ONLY stands true when you have failed as a service provider. At that time, he could have had OPEN SEASON on me. The truth IS....I refunded him, and he was NOT happy with the speed at which PayPal refunded him. It was at this time he called me every name under the sun, things I will refrain from saying in this thread. We make a very well-crafted GREAT product that we are proud of. Occasionally we get a bad batch of wires, bad boards, etc., but I do the best I can to make everyone happy, and get my orders fulfilled in a timely manner. The bottom line here is that you have no business talking smack about me when you have no personal knowledge of my product or the type of person I am. I can choose, as a business owner, to not take b/s from customers who are disrespectful and especially ones that will make it their life effort to TRY to undo what I have accomplished over the last decade. I am done with this childish crap. My product IS the brightest and the best priced of ANY light out there. I will back this anytime. Peace out.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-22-2013, 4:55 PM Reply   
Are you kidding me! You already came on her and started with foul language and name calling on an internet forum!

"! side of the story from a girly boy

We have been makin underwater lights for over a decade. while they all came an gone the best as been here since 1999.. first of all you all only heard his side and not the part were he was calling me a niger and a liar on the phone... well we have a saying in S.Florida (stand your ground state) you say what you want... but your pu$%y ass is going to get clocked ( Cali style) Can't stand a kid that uses mommy's Ski boat and her Gas card.. to bad mouth a real man. and we don't drive Kia's like you in Cali... we drive American Muscle... and 700+ HP in our Baja... so keep cryin like a Califoraaaa pu#$y boy.. you got your $$ back.. send those the lights back I'll refund you and you can spend $400 each on other lights"

"I am done with this childish crap"

Your product may be great, but your attitude sucks. If you came out and said your side of the story without confirming what the OP wrote first, you may have been given a chance. If you could control your temper and act like a business man this could have been resolved very easy.

Good luck

Last edited by trentj6930; 07-22-2013 at 4:57 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
so apparently he doesn't like California? I actually am upset that I spent money on and promoted the product because I liked them. I guess all of us were the $10 boaters for only putting on the aqualeds vs shadow casters.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2013, 6:02 PM Reply   
Gene, I laughed when you said "America is getting dumber" since your grammar and spelling is that of a 5th grade punk trying to talk tough

Amazes me that you've stayed in business this long with the attitude you have. I hope you coming on here and being a total ass makes its rounds to your customers and you run yourself into the ground. You sure deserve it.

Last edited by holdsworth; 07-22-2013 at 6:08 PM. Reason: .
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-22-2013, 6:05 PM Reply   
I was reading the thread on Offshore Only, and found this post from AquaLEDS:

I'll let you all in a trade secret.. all the LED light companies use the same LEDs there made by Philips and there calles Hi Flux.. they cost $2.95 each

All the companies use the same some mount them in molded plastic housing like OceanLEDS some mount them in Aluminum housings and I mount them in Brass.. so here is the break down $2.95 x 12 =$35 plus the cheap plastic housing[injection molding is cheap ] maybe tops $1.00 total is $36 and change the sell them for $600 each there is no way they got $550 in labor and assembly cost EACH... I sell mine for $129 each and still make a 200% profit..And I test Ocean's and wakemagic against mine there was no difference but the price.. we all get and use the same LEDs Nobody has their own SMD factory it all comes from China I buy em up like Ocean and WakeM by the sheet.

Just tring to save money for my fellow boater
BRASS IS FOR EVER Aluminum turns to white rust and Plastic well you know gets yellow and brittle.. your money oh I will rebuild your light for $20 for Life Ocean after year will say Sorry just send another $600

But then on this site, AquaLEDs states:

Quote:
So is this false advertisment for claiming an "IN YOUR FACE" American product when the main part of the light comes from China????? Or am I just confused, and slapping a machined brass housing on a part from China instantly makes it an IN YOUR FACE American product?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-22-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
Trying to comprehend what he was trying to get at through his awful grammar gave me a headache.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-23-2013, 12:12 AM Reply   
It's like RyanXStar and Lon had a kid who went to machinist school.

If this thread is wrong, I don't want to be right!
Old     (NotSure123)      Join Date: Nov 2012       07-23-2013, 1:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Ahh that moment when a thread goes from amusing to epic. Today it occurred at 1:46pm and we are better for it.
^haha...this can only get better...

Funny...has anyone noticed his IQ level jumped from that of a rock to a solid 2nd grader in his third post..!? Hmm I wonder if he had his boyfriend proof it on round three...he is representing a 50k a day business and all......

I'm sad I have these lights on my boat...I'm going to spit on them JUST BECAUSE...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-23-2013, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
We have been makin underwater lights for over a decade. while they all came an gone the best as been here since 1999.. first of all you all only heard his side and not the part were he was calling me a niger and a liar on the phone... well we have a saying in S.Florida (stand your ground state) you say what you want... but your pussy ass is going to get clocked ( Cali style) Can't stand a kid that uses mommy's Ski boat and her Gas card.. to bad mouth a real man
Ok... I'll play Devils Advocate Here, "Freddy COUGAR" did You Really Call Gene The N Word And A Liar On The Phone? Also do You Use mommys Ski Boat and
get A Gas Card? If So You Better "Lawyer up"

Last edited by durty_curt; 07-23-2013 at 5:04 AM. Reason: ..
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-23-2013, 5:52 AM Reply   
So much awesomeness in this thread.
Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-23-2013, 6:05 AM Reply   
I log in every morning to see if there are any interesting posts and I must say this has been the most entertaining. Sorry to hear about the bad experience on the customers end. This guy replying like he is and being the face of his company is a clown.

I cant believe the guy made the "stand your ground" comment with the zimmerman trial just ending.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-23-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
this machinist really is a TOOL!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/eugene.tiefenbach?fref=ts

Guy looks like a regular badass....Humvee: Check,
Post largest picture of said Humvee on WW ever: Check
From Cleveland: Check,
Own a Pug: Check.....
This guy checks out...I'm scared.

"Pug life"
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-23-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSure123 View Post
^haha...this can only get better...

Funny...has anyone noticed his IQ level jumped from that of a rock to a solid 2nd grader in his third post..!? Hmm I wonder if he had his boyfriend proof it on round three...he is representing a 50k a day business and all......
Ha ha I thought that was odd too....

GREAT THREAD OP.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-23-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
this machinist really is a TOOL!
Ka

Boom!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-23-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
https://www.facebook.com/eugene.tiefenbach?fref=ts

Guy looks like a regular badass....Humvee: Check,
Post largest picture of said Humvee on WW ever: Check
From Cleveland: Check,
Own a Pug: Check.....
This guy checks out...I'm scared.

"Pug life"
Dont leave out the slicked back hair and the mustache!!