Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    tpalmeri            09-10-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
I stand about 5'5" (towering above everyone i know) about 140lbs. What differences can I expect out of the Byerly 132 in comparison to the 137? I plan on demoing both, but was looking for some input before i take them out. Thanx
Old    rdierolf            09-10-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
please tell us the diffrence between the two when u get back. i want to know if too little or too big is better.
Old    tpalmeri            09-10-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
I will. I anticipate based on other threads regarding board size if I remember right, that the landings may be softer? Any more feedback would be great
Old    rdierolf            09-10-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
may be softer for what? bigger sizes?
Old    tpalmeri            09-10-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
sorry... If my memory serves me, I believe other people have said that the larger board will have the softer landing.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
The shorter board will buck a little bit harder and will land a good bit harder. It will spin faster and flip a bit faster. I'm 5'10, about 160-170 lbs, and I'm pretty happy on the Byerly 142, because I need the softer landings for my tired old knees. I would prefer the better spinning of the shorter board, but I tried the 137 and it lands too hard for me. You should demo., and I'm guessing you will notice a difference.
Old    wegotbikes            09-11-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
I am 5'5" and weigh 175lbs and I currently ride the 137. I was lighter when I bought the board and now I wish I would have bought the bigger board. That just gives me an excuse to go out and buy the new 2004 142. The bigger boards do give you softer landings and more pop due to a larger surface area hitting the wake.
Old    wegotbikes            09-11-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, get the DNA and you wont even notice a weight difference in the board weight. And if you are going to stay at that towering 5'5" height like me for a while, go with the 137 because it was perfect for me at your weight.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-11-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
How much lighter is the DNA vs biolite?

I bought my wife the DNA Parks 133 board (not because it is lighter but because she "has to have" a girls board and the DNA has a girl on it vs. a boy - WHATEVER) and it really is not all that lighter than my brothers 138 biolite. I know they are not the same size board but I was surprised at how little difference there was. Do you know any stats or anything like that?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
I'm 5'7" 140 and I used to have a 138, it was too big, but eventually I got used to it. Now I'm riding a 134 Blindside and that board length seems just about perfect. I know I always thought a 132 was just pushing the edge of being too small. I ride with my stance all the way out and it makes a difference where you place your stance and how much tip/tail you have left, it's mentally unnerving to have just a few inches of board before water. Basically it's all about what you feel comfortable with. I've always been under tha impression that smaller boards are therefore narrower and thus displace less water that would then lead to a softer landing(?), perhaps it's tha fact that there is more edge pushing the water to the side. If you want a smooth landing board, get one with a continuous rocker or at least one with not so abrupt a kick. Also center "spines" help landings as well. I always say go as short as possible while still feeling comfortable.Good luck