Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-25-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
i've almost been able to fight away a couple of these but i can't quite get them. whenever i do them i usually don't get full rotation or i don't get full pop off the wake. i try to keep my rear hand on longer but i'm sometimes getting pulled into scarecrow. any help would be appreciated and i should have video up soon
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-26-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
heres what worked for me:
1)hard toe edge in,
2)let off your edge and go flat at the bottom of the trough ,the wake will trip you without you even having to do anything.
3) once in the air, bring your knees up/in will rotate you faster.
4)(pretend or try) to grab, that will get you to let go halfway through your rotation.

I know its a lot to think about, "}The Book" helped me with all of this. before,I could land it but was always butt-checking becuase I was under-rotating.
Old                06-26-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
the same time you pop off the wake you want to pull the handle with both hands into your front hip, then let go with your back hand. on the landing, roll your knuckles down so the top of your hand is facing the water. that will help you get on your edge.

try this with all the tips above.
Old                06-27-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
thanks guys i'll try it tomarrow.