Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
As I understand it, some of the inland surfer boards are asymetric with the nose offset to the right compared to the tail when viewed from above... presumably to enhance performance on the "regular" side of the boat.
What are goofy footers doing? embarking on the steep learning curve and riding heelside edge on the regular side of the boat (where the wake is much nicer) or just using the asymetric boards on the "wrong" side of the boat?
Old    surfdad            08-16-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Where did you hear this? I've ridden everything from the old Red Chubby through the current Red Tide and have never noticed anything to that effect.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
You can see the asymetry best on the blue and orange boards, the yellow is washed out.

Upload
Old    surfdad            08-16-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Man, I'm not seeing it. Am I losing my mind? Can you highlight the picture or something for me? I see the cut in the EVA foam, isn't symmetrical, but you seem to be saying the outline. Am I misunderstanding?
Old     (sharkb8)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
I've got a Blue Lake and red chubbie, and ride goofy. I don't notice any issue...everything seems to be ok.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Meant the deck... not an issue per se, just curious what people are doing.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
They look symmetric to me. I rode a demo Blue Lake and I have A Red Tide.
Old    surfdad            08-16-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
No, Ed, I think mars is right I think the eva foam is cut with different opposing sides. If you look at the blue in the picture above you can see the wide point "corners" on the EVA foam are at different heights from the floor. My guess is that it's aesthetic or to insure correct assembly at their out of country production facility.

I don't think it has any impact on foot placement and the outline of the boards are symmetrical.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Oh, I meant the board running surface was symmetric, I do see the EVA is not symmetric.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-16-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
I ride goofy on the yellow loogey and haven't had any problems
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-17-2006, 4:19 AM Reply   
wow, check out all those surboard shipping boxes.

If that was any local UPS Store, that would be $2 million in inventory.

Once shipped a Blue Lake demo board from Clermont, Fl to Kansas City, KS.
Boxing and shipping cost the poor guy $163.00 (not including price of board).

Lesson learned - If you get involved with the sale of demo boards, save those Inland Surfer boxes!