Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-10-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED74hJsCVvE&feature=related

An entertaining and inspirational video. Well spoken Shaun :-)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-10-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
I've always had the utmost of respect for Murray. He's so chill in person the few times I've met him. One of the great ambassadors of the sport.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-10-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
You gotta love the guy for just being real.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-10-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
That's awesome. I have never heard shaun talk about his past problems in a video. I assumed he never had any. I am guessing it was with alcohol or some sort of drugs but that is just me guessing. Great story.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-10-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
WOW! I'm sure it takes a lot for someone of his status to come out and be so open about his spiritual life. Way to go Shaun!!
Old     (jaymz)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-10-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Cool!
Old     (mordy07)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-10-2009, 9:46 PM Reply   
Awesome... I'd always heard that Shaun was a strong Christian, but I'd never heard it in his own words like that before. Very nice. Good find and thanks for sharing.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-10-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
impressive, inspiring too. even more respect for him after watching this
Old     (wakeface)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-10-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
Awesome - thanks for telling it like it is!
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-11-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
thanks for sharing that
Old     (hms9805)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-11-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Now you see where his true happiness comes from! That's a wakeboarder that our kids should be looking up to.
Old    thebiggmann            10-11-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
That was unbelievable. I literally have goosebumps after watching this. The first section is a great insight into Shaun and his spiritual life, but the one that struck me the most is the one addressing hypocrisy. To have a very well respected person say the things that he talks about in these videos is just outstanding. Seeing that public testimony I just think is so cool. Easily one of my favorite riders before because of his overall attitude towards the sport, and really how he seems to treat life in general, but now it's not even a question. I really hope I get to meet Shaun in person one day, because that's the type of people the world needs more of. Great job Shaun, this is totally cool. Keep doing what you do man.
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-11-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
Wow that was awesome Praise the Lord for role models in our sport like Shaun!!
Got to meet him finally over here at CWC a few months ago & man you can tell he is different,so friendly & so much love & time for everybody that was here.
And mate hes still crazy on a wakeboard even after all these years of being at the top!!
Ive seen some of the best riders in the world riding over here but man some of the crazy ideas & stupid things he would get up to on the water was just insane like doing firecrackers on his wakeboard down the concrete stairs of our winch park in the dark,barefoot s bends on the cable at about 45km & shortening the rope on the S2, & riding it like a swing back & forth swinging as high as the cable,crazy guy.
If you watch the bonus sections in Transgression it has some pretty encouraging stuff from Erik Lutgert & Randall Harris about how Jesus is & has changed there life to.
Thanks for sharing & encouraging us with this Shaun!!
Old     (kdoobie)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-12-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
It's great that he can come out and speak and act this way yet still seems to hold the highest the respect from his pears. Shaun truly is an ambassador to our sport and our kids. He truly walks the walk and talks the talk. Nautique, Hyperlite and many others are blessed to have someone like this representing products for them. Others should expect the same. Don't we all hope our kids can grow up to have the same type of morales yet still have as much fun as anybody on the water. Thank you waterdork for posting this.

(Message edited by Kdoobie on October 12, 2009)
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-12-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
I ran across this video over the weekend and was also very impressed. I had the opportunity of meeting him when he was on the boat show circuit back in '96/'97. He made my friends and I feel right at home and we even played crack the egg on the trampoline together. How cool is that?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-12-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
More at

www.thisizmystory.com

Cool Christian ministry they have put together.
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-12-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Awesome website!!!Thanks Jeff!!
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Shaun is (and always has been) a class act guy! Great Video!
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-12-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Ryan Sebring,hey man i used to ride your pro model(the superfly)back in the day it was the sickest board around imo.
Everyone at my park was ridin your board!!
Is that u??
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-13-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Amen and Amen glad to see people like that
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-13-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
there is this one too
http://www.youtube.com/user/thisizmystory#p/u/7/TulmsN-T8qo
good stuff
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-13-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Pay close attention to what Shawn is saying and what he's not saying. Riding isn't about contests, the best boat and the most weight. Its about riding and finding the ENEMY..the enemy..the inner me. THE INNER ME? (awesome kimbo slice quote) I found myself on a 8' wave off the Florida coast at Ft. Pierce. That was my first BIG wave...my balls tingled as I dropped in scared as hell, I rode that wave for a short time eyes wide open, happy as hell, terrified, happy to be alive, but found peace and new something was bigger than me! Alot of men find God riding the ocean..the beast thats so beautiful and grand, way bigger than yourself. I found wakeboarding that year also and I have been hooked on RIDING (or motion) ever since. Its about the ride. the motion, and loosing all that city sh#t. So take someone out that doesn't ride as good as you, don't get caught up in the coolness factor, or get mad at that tuber in your butter (well maybe that one is ok to loos it!) I think Murray lost himself in all of the girls, contests and after parties and knew there had to be more or something bigger than he. Remember It's about riding, fun and finding you...pass it on. Jet
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Like everyone else has said before Shaun is definitely a class act...and the role model I have looked to since I started wakeboarding...number 1 because of his walk with God and number 2 because he has fun with it....Shaun is a great guy and I'm glad I have someone like him to look up to
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-13-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
Well put Andrew. That second video is great too, because it points out a major topic that i think TONS of people have a problem with. hypocracy is unavoidable, people are going to be that way. The quote that stuck out to me was: "Be careful of the hypocrites. Because i'm one." But it shouldnt mean we quit out on something. We need to focus on our self-faith first, what makes us truly happy, makes us believe. I'm showing this to a youth faith group, through my former youth minister. awesome stuff.
Old    sealyon.net            10-17-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Could'nt have been said better!Thanks for taking a stand for Christ.