Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2010, 9:48 PM Reply   
Just would like to hear from peopletowing with the new dodge hemi and just them please.....no offence just want to hear the good bad and ugly
Old     (rhombus)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-17-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
if you can wait a month, i can tell you. my boat is currently accross the state, and i just got my 2010 Ram a couple of months ago. i will be pulling the boat out and towing it back accross the state. i can then give you a comparison to the GMC 6.2L / 6speed, as that is the other vehicle i have for towing.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-17-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
I have an 09 2500 4X4 with 35's with the new HEMI. Tows just fine. It is also fun to blow the doors off of the high schoolers with their tin can mufflers.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-17-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
it is fun, but I can blow doors off with my stock 2v 4.6l 97 f150. hondas are only good for eco drives. Its cute, and my first car was an acura integra, and every car I have had since could blow those doors.
"hope you brought your wood screws, cause Im about to blow yoor doors off"
dayzed and confused
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-18-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
bought the 09 crew cab sport with the big boy in it, in august. That thing is a boat towing freak

the tow mode is great, drops you down to 5th max instead of 5 + overdrive, engine breaks when you are slowing, feels like it adjust you shift points as well (but i might be talking out of my butt on that one), and it turns off MDS (multi displacement system - shuts down cylinders based on driving conditions automatically)

You can absolutely feel the V.V.T (Variable Valve Timing) work its magic while towing. I think this is my favorite feature of the HEMI. Towing a 4000# is a complete breeze. Not a whole lot of up and down shifting on the HWY.

ESP and trailer sway control makes towing stupid easy. You can barley feel the boat. I'm gonna be real honest here. The hardest part about towing in that thing is going the speed limit, and remembering you have a big A$$ boat dragging behind you. caught myself cruising 80 a couple of times on long trips. The new rear suspension feels like a car, no bouncy BS.

I wish i didn't sound like a commercial, i wasn't set out to buy a dodge or a dodge this big. But it after I went to all the comps. and looked at them pound for pound, $ for $, this was the best decision i could have made. Easily the best truck i'll probably ever own.

GET the rear cam. ROCKS!!! i can literally back into the trailer and match the hitch exactly on the first try, every time, WITHOUT a spotter or ever getting out of the truck. Probably reduced the wife's hook up time by 5 minutes! and my stress level to zero.

And it doesn't hurt that i got the lifetime warranty. that was the deal maker for me. But i'm pretty sure its only for '09s

i'll post some pics hooked up and show you what the a$$ drag looks like.
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-19-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
I have the 09 crew cab. Bought in nov 08and have 40k now. Great truck w/ the hemi. Nothing tows like the cummins in my 04 but this truck like to cruise around 80 very comfortably with my 23ft xlv. Just got back from Vegas towing an 18 ft enclosed trailer w Harleys and no issues what so ever. I also got the lifetime warranty and it is definitely worth it. I did however after my Vegas trip just snap an exhaust manifold stud. No big deal. They got it out and replaced them W new larger ones. Too much tourque? Don't know don't care the truck rocks. I roll W 22's in the summer and factory 20's in the winter. I would recomend it to anyone. I also have a chevy but this Ram does have more balls.

Good luck withyour choice.
Attached Images

Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-19-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
One more to see the size of the boat.
Attached Images

Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-20-2010, 6:06 AM Reply   
My wife and i picked up the new truck wednesday wow it does have balls.got every option but the backup camera, they didn't have a truck on the lot with it. Ill post a pic of it in a month when we go get our new boat in Calgary, cant get it till mid april when the ice is gone up there.
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-22-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
Get the camera. Order it from the dealer or on ebay. It's easy to install and well worth it.