Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-05-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
Not sure where to post this. Bet you folks have experience here. What is the best rib protection I can get. Have separated intercostal joints and the place where ribs meet soft cartilage to breast bone. Three different years. Starting to suck to be hurt. I have wondered about bull riders flak jacket but not sure if it will float, or quarterbacks jacket but they are just foam. Anyone have has simular problems and have any solution?

Thanks, Terry
Old                05-06-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
I wear the Jet Pilot stance 3D side entry Neoprene jacket and I feel like I'm indestructible wearing it. It looks like it could double as swat gear and I have taken some hard falls in it. The only drawback I've noticed is that it's not as bouyant as some others but it's not made for that purpose. Hope that helps.
Old                05-06-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
Thanks Sean,

I bought a Neil Pryde Series 5000 last year, but it is a bit too small and I want to make sure I get the best vest for protection. I will look this one up on the net.

Terry
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-06-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
Hi Terry, get a USCGA vest. They are thicker than the non-CGA vests and offer great rib protection. I have a Wet Tech approved vest and have had no problems, and have taken lots of hard stacks with it.
Later
Tiffany
www.wakechicks.com
Old                05-06-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hey Tiffany, I was wearing a USCGA vest when I hurt my ribs 3 different times. That vest is probably 1 " thick foam. It floats me well, which is good. The last time I got hurt I don't think I coulda stayed up without it. That does scare me a bit with the vests that don't have as good a flotation. Late last year when I got on the water again I was wearing 2 vests. The impact 5000 and my thicker one. I'm not scared of getting hurt, just missing another season. Guess if I'd learn to land I wouldn't need any of this safety stuff:-)

Terry
Old                05-07-2003, 5:21 AM Reply   
Landing is a B*tch, I do concur. I got my Jet pilot for 90 (leftover) and I occasionally see them from shops on ebay.
Don't know if you are working out on a regular basis but I started about 3-4 times a week in the offseason doing chest, bi's, tri's one day / back, shoulders, legs the next.
I am not sore anymore after boarding nor do I feel as prone to injury. ( and I gained 20lbs of muscle, which doesn't hurt)