Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-07-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
This is from their website!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
ugly and too much information in small screen
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Not sure I like that at all. Would like to see a much bigger screen. I notice that is the Nautique version, or are they all the same?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-07-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
They are all the same as far as size of screen and info displayed. I posted a thread about this before they actually came out. I was the first one to get the new display. I love it!!! It's alot bigger than the old displays which as we all know were only one line of info. This one shows the RPM's, the persons name, set speed and actual speed. It's very easy to read.

Another thing I really like about it is how the display shows you it's engaged. See the name at the top of the pic above. See how it's all black around the name. That is how it is when it's engaged. When it's not engaged or disengages, the bold black line disappears and the letters of the name are black. Very easy to glance at it to ensure it's still engaged or to tell when it does engage. There is still a beep, but it's hard to hear over a very very loud sound system. I like the way the interface tell me it's engaged.

Tate- Are you familiar that the old displays are alot smaller? I don't think this one is small at all.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-08-2005, 5:49 AM Reply   
Old    kfalcon            09-08-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
I like it, I found the small MPH display on the old face hard to read.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
I guess it just likes small in the picture compared to the size of the whole unit. Glad to hear that is not the case. Love the name/engaged thing. That would be awesome with the loud music going.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
Can you program different KW for different riders(or boat setups)???
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-11-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
Nope. I suggested that to Eric at PP, it makes a lot more sense than just a name and a speed setpoint. He said that they'd include that in the next firmware build if people expressed enough interest. I posted here, almost nobody knew what I was talking about.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-12-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
So the question is: I wonder if I can add this new display to my existing unit. (Purchased in 05)

Has anyone else inquired about this?

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Saw it on the Nautique 220 on Saturday.

I think it's nice, it was easy for me to read and I like the additional information. Not sure if I will spend the $199 for the upgraded display? I already spent $65 for the 6.5N chip upgrade so I just need the display.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-12-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
Mike, why did you buy the 6.5N chip?

Psyclone, It sure would have been nice had they incorporated KW change in the chip. Not much reason to spend the money on the upgrade just for the name thing, unless the 6.5n chip does a better job holding. With kids I end up going out with various set ups from 500lbs ballast to 2,500lbs ballast.