Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    josh12            08-27-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
trying to decide between 4 or 6 6.5s or 4 6x9s up in the tower i allready have 4 6.5s in the boat and a 10in solobaric. lets get some feedback on loudness clarity and quality.
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-27-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
Josh:
Don't waste your time with the 6.5 in the tower. I already played this game run the 6x9's much louder. If you look back a couple days ago the post about 6x9's. I took WW advice and ran the TS6990 pioneers they rail!!!! Thanks everyone perfect timing as I was in the market.
Very affordable also
Good luck
G
Old    josh12            08-27-2005, 5:01 PM Reply   
louder but i hear a lot of people say they arnt as clear
Old    josh12            08-27-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
also i am looking for what sounds the best at 70 feet i have good speakers for the people in the boat this is strictly for the rider
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-27-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Josh:
I could hear every note fine; if you want the loudest clearest sound NVS's. Bring your wallet well worth the $, but way out of 6x9's league.
G
Old    backdoc            08-28-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
I ended up with 6 MB Quarts 6.5 with a ARC Audio amp to them and it rocks hard very clear and very loud for my 05 X-Star!!!
Old    josh12            08-30-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
havnt more people heard both i want to stay around the 100 dollar per pair speakers
Old     (sooperspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-13-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
What about the Kicker Speakers that Monster Tower sells? I'm not trying to be a jerk, Monster Tower makes products, but you can pick the speakers up online for $150 and make your own brackets if you are handy.

Old    h2opro1            09-13-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
check out h2o pro brand speakers.....its worth the money trust me...we make sure the product will last!
www.h2oproaccessories.com
Sean

Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-14-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
My boat has 6--6.5 kicker speakers on the tower, 6--6.5 kickers in the boat, 2 10" subs--and it rocks!! Very loud and clear @ 80'/24 mph/05 Malibu VLX. Liquid Trends in Modesto did the work and it is SUPERB!!! I am very happy. I was able to test 4 different set ups 6.5" vs. 6x9s using the same amps on the floor displays. Myself, my daughter and freinds all agreed that the kicker 6.5s had better clarity. Just my $.02
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
If you talk to stereo and speaker gurus they will tell you that a round speaker is the cleanest sound out there. Will a 6x9 be louder? Of course, it's bigger. But the sound will not be as clear as a 6.5" speaker. The difference may be so slight that you may not be able to tell the difference, maybe you will. But when doing my research I have a friend who deals with high end equipment for concerts and such and he will only run round speakers. A round speaker has the best sound.

I have a question for ya, have you ever seen an oval speaker at a concert? Go with a high quality 6.5" speaker and amp the hell out of it! I run 6 6.5" Focals in my tower and we all sing along to the music as we board. In fact, it's starting to interfere with our riding. Apparently we're all A.D.D.