Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    syre            06-09-2003, 10:18 PM Reply   
Looking to upgrade my bindings. Any one have any suggestions between the two? I am an average rider
Old    hyprmotive            06-10-2003, 12:15 AM Reply   
i havent ridden the belmonts but the 03 byerlys are kinda sketchy in my opinion as far as their construction goes. my GF works at a sporting goods shop and they have had 3 pairs of byerlys returned already this season because the BOA system broke in one way or another. they are pretty comfy though. just something to think about. . .
Old    amcdouga            06-10-2003, 6:28 AM Reply   
i ride the 03 belmonts, they are real comfortable but the velcro on my right binding is starting to lose its thread and come up. And the strap on the right binding is kinking up with the piece of plastic you put it through. Hard to explain, very minor problems....but overall, great bindings.
Old    ruger311            06-10-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
the BOA system on the byerlys suck, its the worst design yet b/c it breaks or comes loose and then you have to put it back together yourself, the 03 belmonts have given me no trouble you have to give them a try to really figure out how comfy they are, if you get a pair put them on your feet and get in a tub of hot water and they will loosen up a bit (break em in) and mold to your feet a little. they are great bindings and dont forget hyperlite has lifetime warranty on all their equipment, i also have the 02 parks bindings and they are sweet, lots of freedom to tweak you tricks, they are really flexible and very comfy, havent had any probs with them either despite the posts about rippin overlays, just get one and if you dont like it then sell it on ebay and get another or demo em first,,,,
Old     (kingpin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
In my humble opinion. I Love the new Boa system. I have had no problems. The only problems I have seen is from user error such as overtightening and pulling too hard on the ratchet/release knob. I love them and am getting another pair for another board.

Old    wegotbikes            06-10-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
My Belmonts are the best bindings I've ever put my feet into. Super comfy for all day riding and excellent support. Once you're in, they stay on, unless it's a REALLY HARD fall. I can't say enough about them. I will be buying another pair in the near future. Wouldn't ride with anything else.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-13-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
They fit two different types of feet. Most people that like one don't like the other. That should make your decision so try them on.
Old    catalyst            06-13-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
wich one of the two has more support
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-14-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Belmonts = sucks
Byerly = sucks even more
Old    k2rider            06-14-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Also, one of the website/shops that sponsors this board, www.ronniesbasics.com , has 2002 Belmonts for $249.