Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2015, 11:51 PM Reply   
So I just put a deposit on a 2005 Sanger V230. I originally was looking at some 04-06 SAN 210s and 05-06 Malibu VLXs. Came across what seams to be a clean V230 and I felt like for the price it was just a lot of bang for my buck. Hard to justify spending an extra 10-20k for a smaller boat in the vlx and san 210, even though I grew up behind nautiques and love both the 210 and vlx wakes.

Anyway, I don't know much about the V230 when it comes to the wakeboarding wake. I have done tons of searches and there is plenty of info about the surf wake but not a lot about the wakeboarding wake. Anyone ride behind one consistently? How does it stack up?

I'm in my late 20's now and don't charge the wake like I used to, so i just want something I can still have a good set behind. I don't need the sonic boom pop of the 210 wake, but would like a wake with a nice lip and consistent. Also, my wife likes to wakeboard at pretty low speeds so does the wake stay clean at the lower speeds? Like 17-19 mph?

I know Sangers have a great reputation for being an all around solid boat but i just don't have much experience with the V230. Anyone that owns one or rides behind one regularly please chime in…

Thanks
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-28-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
The wake will get as big as you need. When fully loaded it is my favorite wake of all time. It can get really big and rampy. Overall i think it will work for whatever level you are looking for.
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2015, 2:45 PM Reply   
I've got an 03 V230 and I love it. It is a great boat and I think you will be very happy with it. I put 750's in the rear lockers and fill under the floor ~400, and a 600 in the walkway. I need to get more weight over the nose so I'm going to get a bow sac and not use the 600 on the floor.

Here is a previous thread I cam up with:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=634431

tank buster kit from wakemakers with some pictures of wake
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...=774585&page=2
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2015, 3:06 PM Reply   
Cool thanks a bunch. So the one I am getting only comes with just the center ballast. I am thinking of doing a reversible ballast puppy system for the two rear compartments with 750 sacs. Just wondering if the center ballast is run by a single reversible pump or is it an aerator pump system?
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-28-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
Sanger used aerator pumps for that boat.
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
My center ballast is a reversible pump under the driver foot kick panel.