Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Anyone have this and like to give an opinion please.Thanks.F
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
Great comp vest but dosen't float you
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I figured that but just wanted user opinions on this non coast guard approved jacket.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-25-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
make sure you have the perfect size, mine was a little bit too big and rode up on me, got sick of that fast.... i don't use it anymore for that reason if you want to buy it.. its been worn once and is size XL.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
It's a good comp vest.. it doesn't restrict your movements any more than like a t-shirt really. But like Randy said, it doesn't float you. They also run really small, so Nick's XL would fit if you wear medium-large shirts (mine's XL and I wear a medium shirt and it fits perfectly).
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-25-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
i love it
it doesnt float you alot
but you dont even notice it
its so comfortable i wear it after im done riding
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-25-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Doesn't float you... I wouldn't buy it again. In fact, I may not even wear it next year. When I take my board off I actually have to tread water to stay afloat with it on. With my board on I float OK. If you got knocked out with it on and lost your board you could be in trouble.

Very comfortable, but IMO, not worth the sacrafice. The Outlaw jacket is much better and really just about as comfortable. I also like the Vapor. It floats better, but make sure you get it tight. It comes off in hard falls, too.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
2nd Evan on the Vapor, very nice vest, not CGA but for a comp vest floats you pretty good.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2008, 5:04 AM Reply   
WHAT ABOUT THE 2007 BOOST ???
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
the gooru is the most confotable vest ive ever worn. you dont notice it and it fits tight and snug on the body and doesnt move around.
WD, i dont know what you mean. I normally wear a medium and I have to wear an XS so it doesnt move around on me.
Also this vest floats me with my chin out of the water(with air in my lungs).
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-26-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hmmm that's kinda weird, my little brother wears the large and he weighs like 150 (wears sm or m shirts) and i wear the XL at 175lbs and both fit fine. I guess just try it on if you can. I do agree with Evan though that you'd be screwed if you came out of your board and got knocked out. I probably wouldn't buy it again either.. I usually rock my O'neill hybrid vest. It's not nearly as comfortable as the gooru (or outlaw) but floats a million times better than the gooru does.