Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
Looking for some tricks of the trade for
(1) Getting the oil drain hose back towards and thru the transom hole
(2) Changing out the impeller, its in an odd place, not very easy to access, right next to the exhaust muffler.

Any insight would be cool...
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-22-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Changing out the impeller is a real chore. You will want some WD40 and a set of needle nose vise grips to really grab on to it. I also had a long screw driver handy to get some leverage with the plyers. Spray the shaft with some WD40 and let it sit for 15 minutes. I turned the engine over a few times with the lanyard off and I think that helped loosen it up. Then grab the impeller with the vise grips and use the screw driver as a pry bar on the vise grip. Good luck.

Not sure about the oil drain hose, just get down there and find it. You will need to take the port rear locker inside panel off to do both jobs.