Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    bross            01-30-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Is this the same board as the old Belmont from two years ago? How does it ride? Would it be a good board for beginers and advanced riders?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
Yes, to all of the above.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
My buddy has a Belmont('01) for sale.. he said he'd sell it cheap. If you're interested I can ask him for you.

B-
Old    bross            01-30-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
J Rod,

How heavy is the board? Would it be too big for my wife who has been riding a 135 CWB?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
They're not heavy at all. I think they're actually lighter than the most recent belmont design. The 6 bolt-on fins and all the hardware 'seemed' like it made the board heavier on the latest model. That Belmont Barry mentioned should be the same board.

That depends on your wifes height/weight. My wife rides the 134 2001 belmont.
Old    bross            01-30-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

How would this board compare with the 137 Fluid?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Brian way back in 99 i switched from a 137 fluid to a 2000 134 Belmont and the Belmont was definitly a step up in board control,pop,and softer landings..the fluid is a looser board was great back in the day but the belmont is better...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Looks like Bill has experience on both. I only know Hyperlite and CWB. Never ridden anything else. Good luck!
Old    bross            01-30-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Bill,
Sorry to ask so many questions. How does this board compare to the old premier?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
Premier to Belmont? Premier has a more aggressive rocker for added pop. Belmont is smoother and more consistent. Premier is a little slower. I liked the Premier better personally. But I know people that feel the opposite.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
yea for your wife id stay with a smoother easy predictable board with a continous rocker like the belmont/motive as Jrod says..the premier is a more aggressive board that pops a lot more abrupt for a person who hasnt ridden 3 stage before ie newbies and recreational riders..I also like my premier better but ive been riding one for over 2 years now so im used to it.the old premier is now called an ERA...

Jrod the fluid was a hyperlite ,it was murrays first board..it came in HC and foam in 98/99.I had the foam core one with the sun graphic on the top and red bottom...
Old    wakesurge17            01-31-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
I don't own one, But I did demo one at the polar bear run. And I would have to say it impressed me. I was expecting it to be hard to ride with the weather conditions (blizzard) but, it performed pretty well. I can only imagine it when I can feel my feet and fingers. IMO, good board
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-31-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have one, you want to buy it?
Old    teenhack            01-31-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
Motives are a great board to not only learn on but progress on. Because they have the continuous rocker their learning curve is incredible.
Also they usually come standard with a pair of Split bindings, and those are the perfect bindings for multiple foot use, because of the pure versatility of their multiple straps.
I bought a motive last year for begineers and was amazed at their ease of getting out of the water and watched as their confidence built because of the sheer predictability of the board.
Sorry to drag on but the point I was trying to make is that if your looking for a board that EVERYONE can use, than the Motive is exactly what your looking for.
Old    alaskaboy            01-31-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
It sounds like the Motive is at the bottom end. I just learned last year on a Vero and just bought a Motive thinking I upgraded. Are they both about the same? I was hoping to move up a little. I'm at the surface 180's, just barely w2w, riding level.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
the motive is a better board then that heavy old vero..the motive is not bottom end just a different board from a premier..they have different pop and feel from each other so one has to choose whats better for them..the Motive is the old Belmont which was murrays Pro model for two years so its not a low end board just an old shape that still mau fit a riders present abilities then the so called upper end current boards..boards are really changed for the sake of getting you to buy a new one and maybe on a few occasions they perform a little better then the old generation and people upgrade.I myself like the old premier/now ERA better then the new Premier .Does that make my 14 months old Premier Dna 140 a lower end board now that the 04 premier is out,i say no.

Basically if the board feels great to you and helps your riding then its the board for you..if it doesnt dont buy it..

that why demoing a board when possible is the best way to go..dont just demo a board one day take it out maybe three times so you can ride it in a variety of conditions to see if it performs well all the time.Most places credit your demo fees toward that board or any other board in their store so nothing to lose..
Old    teenhack            02-01-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Umm... I think I agree with bill...not to sure, kinda got lost at the end...
To answer your question though Bruce, the motive is by no means at the bottom end. The board is one that even a truly advanced rider can get up on and pull any trick out of their arsenal. But its also a great tool for those that maybe aren't quite to that level yet. I loved, and still love my Motive, I only wish I had gotten a bigger size. The Motive is a design that has already lasted this long, and will continue to stand strong years after you purchases it.
Old    boofhead            02-01-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I have a 03 motive 140 - great board to learn and progress on. Is really predictable and stable. I found replacing the stock fins with smaller ones improved the board alot as its faster and easier to pull surface tricks on
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
The Motive is a great board. I have an old Belmont, and still use it when I'm messin' around on a small wake. Do use a smaller fin though.
Old    alaskaboy            02-01-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Now it's the loooong wait to get into the water. It's hard to buy a new board in winter.