Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 5:55 AM Reply   
Just want to share my stoke. After years of try to do tower speakers on the cheap and probably spending more money than just doing it right the first time. I finally saved up enough to buy a pair of rev 10's. I found this waiting by the door yesterday. I can't wait to put them but I got to build a amp rack and sub box first.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 5:57 AM Reply   
couple pics
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 5:58 AM Reply   
man these things are big
Attached Images

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 6:07 AM Reply   
Congrats. I have been rocking mine for a month and they are definitely loud. You will love them. I suggest you tune them at the lake and not in your garage. They get really loud and distrub the neighbors.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-07-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
I am spoiled. I live in the country. Tunning my rev 410's the neighbor a half mile away txted me it sounded good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-07-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Congrats lets us know how you like them!
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-07-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
Yeah I got the police called on me! Lol
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-07-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
Same here...neighbor about a football field away wasn't too happy. And I had the garage doors closed.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Judging by where your current tower speakers are, you are going to have to drill some new holes and extend the speaker wire to the holes. Prepare for the fun to begin. Take your time and invite a buddy over with some beer. You should have them installed in a couple of hours. I was stuck using my GF on mine. I don't suggest asking a girl to help unless she is mechanically inclined. I had to use the couplings off my old tower speakers on my Rev 10s. So if your tower bar is too skinny for the mounting brackets, I suggest using the old couplings. Good luck, you will love them when they get installed. What amp are you going to use to power them? You will at least want 300 watts rms at 12volts for them. I went with the PPI 900.4. It works great for a budget amp.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
I'm thinking the PPI 900.4 and if I don't like that enough I can switch it to my interiors and get rid of the crappy factory kenwood I have in there now.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
I think you will like it enough. It runs really cool too so you won't have any overheating issues. The amp is very small. I think it is 10in x 5in x 2in. Don't forget to buy a couple of y-splitter rca cables. It is a 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels.

Last edited by dezul; 05-07-2013 at 1:01 PM. Reason: added more info
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
Yea I'm going have to do some more research on how to wire it up. I think I know how to bridged it but not sure really.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-07-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
What amp are you going to use?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
Ppi 900.4
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 3:07 PM Reply   
The instructions will tell you how to bridge it. I used the rear pre-amp outputs for it. The fronts go to my in-boat speakers and then the sub is used for the sub.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-07-2013, 3:20 PM Reply   
That amp should provide plenty of power for those speakers.

If you are going to use that amp for just the tower speakers wire it like this. Set the input selector to Stereo, and connect 1 pair of RCA's to the front channels of the amp (this will send the same signal to both the front and rear outputs. To bridge the amp hook the left speaker positive wire to the front R+ and the negative wire to the front L- . then hook the right speaker positive wire to the rear R+ and the negative to the Rear L-. You should not need Y-splitters unless your deck only has a single pair of outputs and you plan on running multiple amps.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightv10 View Post
That amp should provide plenty of power for those speakers.

If you are going to use that amp for just the tower speakers wire it like this. Set the input selector to Stereo, and connect 1 pair of RCA's to the front channels of the amp (this will send the same signal to both the front and rear outputs. To bridge the amp hook the left speaker positive wire to the front R+ and the negative wire to the front L- . then hook the right speaker positive wire to the rear R+ and the negative to the Rear L-. You should not need Y-splitters unless your deck only has a single pair of outputs and you plan on running multiple amps.
That is where i am not sure the amp has a stereo selector. Good suggestion if it does.
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-07-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
I got a similar amp for the best sound I had to use 1 female 2 male y connectors to the amp.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Tim, I thought you got a 420 installed. Why are you running from your head unit preouts? Should just be 1 set of preouts to the 420, and then to the mains, towers, and sub from the 420. And maybe that's what you meant to say.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-07-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
That is where i am not sure the amp has a stereo selector. Good suggestion if it does.
you can switch between 2 channel and 4 channel operation with that amp
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thanks guys that's just what I needed to hear.

So run a set of RCAs off the front output of the deck for the PPI 900.4 for the tower and then another set off the rear outputs for the interior speaker amp.

I plan to go ahead and buy a PPI 1000.1 to run the sub so then I would need one more set of RCAs for that.

Just a question what do I do if my deck doesn't have three outputs?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-07-2013, 5:44 PM Reply   
If you only have 2 outputs I would run one set to the tower and then Y off the other set to your inboats and sub amp. Or better yet, get a wet sounds 420 or similar for the ultimate control of your system
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-07-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzalum View Post
Tim, I thought you got a 420 installed. Why are you running from your head unit preouts? Should just be 1 set of preouts to the 420, and then to the mains, towers, and sub from the 420. And maybe that's what you meant to say.
I am. I just assumed he does not have a 420 so I put it in reference for him to understand. Same concept with the 420 except one pair of rca's from the head unit to 420, then 3 pairs running from 420 to amps.

Fyi, i am impressed with the ppi 900.4 amp. It is definitely worth the 200 bucks for it. I did some research to find out who made it and i wasnt impressed. I think the same group made several other amps of the same caliber. This one definitely pushes the rev 10s like they want.