Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
Instead of just showing off mine, i thought id have you all show off yours and make it more fun

Here is mine. 07 Slingshot Recoil 142 ---> "Wake Commander"

surly some of you might be thinking that it's corny, that i am maybe "mocking Wing Commander," but hopefully most of you will think it is kool and see what i saw, that the board kinda looked like blank blue print paper... now it has blue prints on it, awesome classic ones too

but i am not selfish, if you want the files to make your own decals i'll hook ya up

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 12, 2008)
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-12-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
I can dig it and suddenly wish my wakeboard was a blank canvas when I acquired it. Nice work and made me flashback to my computer gaming childhood.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       06-12-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I like it man! Original!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanks,

about twice now i have run into guys who did not know about slingshot and they actually thought that the graphic came that way. (also they never heard of wing commander...say wha?)

one of the guys even said, "never heard of the "wake commander" board" when he looked at it

now that is quite a complement too }

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 13, 2008)
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Here's mine. My friends did the graphics. I just colored in the bottom.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/shredsickgnar/IMG_1703.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/shredsickgnar/IMG_1704.jpg

(Message edited by shredsickgnar on June 13, 2008)
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-13-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
nick.. that response is f-in sick... wat did he do the graphics with.. stickers?? paint?? coat of clear??
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
Sharpies...
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-13-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
nick. your friend has some mad skills. dope graphics
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-14-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
did he throw a clearcoat over the sharpie work.. or does it stay well with the water.. i know that it IS a permanent marker.. but the marker is also waterbase.. sooo.. it works??
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Anybody know how I could get my board to be a plain white so that I could then add some art to it?

I thought about spraypainting it but that might not be the best idea.

But any others?
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-15-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
i took my old hyperlite state and sanded the top down with fine grit sandpaper.. so the paint would have something to stick to.. put bolts in the boot holes.. so they wouldnt fill with paint.. and sprayed white auto paint on it with a paint gun.. wet sanded it.. then shot clear on it.. only on the top though.. i didnt wanna take sandpaper to the bottom for fear of ruining the molded fins.. but it worked nicely
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
stickers = personalized board graphics?

in that case, mine's personalized too, w/ dpc films, cie, dra, ww and wakepics stickers.

but seriously, my friend got a personalized board graphics done. a couple years ago, she got an absolute w/ nothing but her thumbprint (enlarged) on the board.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-15-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
Ryan P, I didn't clearcoat it cause I had him put a zombie scene on my snowboard and then clearcoated that one. But you have to be really careful if you do that cause the clearcoat makes the sharpies run, and i really didn't want to risk it on this one. I've had to redo the colors on the tail once or twice already. But the rest is holding up pretty good.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-15-2008, 11:02 PM Reply   
Upload

i went the color within the lines route.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2008, 12:06 AM Reply   
Ryan do you know what grit of sandpaper you used?

How did this hold up in the water?
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2008, 12:41 AM Reply   
it was kinda touch and go with the sandpaper.. i used 180 really lightly just to scuff the factory clear.. then with the wetsanding i used 220.. holds great.. after 2 coats of clear.. but then again.. its mostly for show b/c i hated that f-in board

JD.. wat did you use on yours??
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-16-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Joe,

I got stickers on mine yes, but the decals were made by me.

All the blue print-looking decals i photoshoped and took out the original blue-print-background so that only the design was left. I also changed "wing" to "wake"

soo to be more specific they are personalized decals, creating a personalized graphic ;P

anyway, i got a decal paper that was not the best for getting hit with massive ammounts of water at high speeds and impacts so most of the stickers on the tail end are torn off... ohhh well, at least i got pics before it all got messed up.