Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2015, 2:05 PM Reply   
Congratulations to the riders, Supra, and Indmar.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...oard-tour.html

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-04-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2015, 8:01 AM Reply   
It is pretty sweet..
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
This is exciting, can't wait to see what the pro's will do in the PWT contests pulled by a boat that has a clean wake... it has been a few years...
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2015, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
This is exciting, can't wait to see what the pro's will do in the PWT contests pulled by a boat that has a clean wake... it has been a few years...
typical Wakeworld post.....
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-06-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
Just wait until it's loaded to the brink with ballast, it'll be a different story. Especially for the riders that prefer lower speeds. That's the nature of the beast. Doesn't matter the manufacturer or model.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2015, 6:25 AM Reply   
All wakes wash out on one side especially when a rider pulls had to cut out into the flats. I think a problem that your going to find is that riders wont like the boat due to the lack of availability to riders. I don't know how may pro riders supra has but I doubt its that many with this boat...
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-06-2015, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
All wakes wash out on one side especially when a rider pulls had to cut out into the flats. I think a problem that your going to find is that riders wont like the boat due to the lack of availability to riders. I don't know how may pro riders supra has but I doubt its that many with this boat...
I can think of at least three people that will have the SE or an SG (which should have a nearly identical wake) in Florida: Austin Hair, Trevor Hansen and Daniel Powers. Thats certainly less than the number of pros with X-Stars in the area but I don't see availability being that big of an issue
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-06-2015, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nobody's talking about the opposing side wake. Everyone's talking about the crumbling wake the new Xstar was producing time & time again on the jump side.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-06-2015, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Nobody's talking about the opposing side wake. Everyone's talking about the crumbling wake the new Xstar was producing time & time again on the jump side.
This issue is blown so far out of proportion it's hard to believe. Almost any boat, slammed with ballast, will have a touchy wake. Let alone the fact that all competitors ride at unique rope length and speeds.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2015, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
This issue is blown so far out of proportion it's hard to believe. Almost any boat, slammed with ballast, will have a touchy wake.
Not true
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2015, 11:01 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that the boat, no matter which boat it is, is not the problem that the PWT has... in my opinion the PWT has had a hard time due to the flow of the event and the fan experience.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-07-2015, 5:02 AM Reply   
How about some pics of the wake so WE can decide for ourselves and not second hand info.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-07-2015, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
I'm pretty sure that the boat, no matter which boat it is, is not the problem that the PWT has... in my opinion the PWT has had a hard time due to the flow of the event and the fan experience.

Agreed, but many sports have this problem. Surf contests take like 4 days to complete! And if the waves aren't good, the heats can be boring as crap cause they just float in the water waiting for waves.

In terms of spectating, only the last few rounds of competition are exciting. The tours probably need to focus on getting people there for a 3 hour period of riding MAX.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 02-07-2015 at 5:07 AM.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-07-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
I think some interesting questions that haven't been answered yet are:

What happens to King of Wake? do all these new events feed into king of wake? Or will there be a Nautique tour champ, Malibu tour champ, Pro Tour champ, and potential MasterCraft event champ? National champ, worlds champ, masters champ? Not a big problem if that is the case but will definitely be harder to determine who is the best rider which it seems would be the point of pro tournaments in general. Seems like it would be moving from an NCAA championship back to the BCS. (may be a bad example.)

Who is sponsoring the new tour? From what I'm seeing on the King of Wake/wakeboarding magazine website, there really isn't a published list, I would imagine the number of sponsors stepping up to this tour will determine how many divisions and how many riders/division will have the chance to compete in the PWT for 2015?

Sounds like they are pulling out of a cable tv distribution model (NBC Sports) in favor of doing webisodes instead. It must cost less to produce the webisodes, which may allow them to produce more divisions/riders, but the interesting thing will be to see if the webisodes can be distributed to enough people to grow wakeboarding which I would also imagine is the ultimate goal of a Pro Wakebaord Tour, to grow the sport.

These are just from my speculation. Only time will tell to see how it all plays out!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
typical Wakeworld post.....
You might not like the truth, and the fact that I stated it here on a wakeboarding forum, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

The fact is that the new xstar has a crappy washed out wake in the majority of video's, pictures, and contests I have seen. The last xstar, that pulled the PWT before had a huge wake, ballasted to the max, and still had a super clean wake... and that is with these very same pro's with their different preferences in line lengths and boat speeds. I have ridden behind slammed SC's and SA's, and they are not weight sensitive like the older supra's were, so based on that, I expect the SE to have a wake that is similar... big and clean.

I can name a bunch of boats that have huge clean wakes when slammed to the max at normal riding speeds... but that is not relevant to the fact that the PWT will have a boat with a clean, non temperamental wake.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
This issue is blown so far out of proportion it's hard to believe. Almost any boat, slammed with ballast, will have a touchy wake. Let alone the fact that all competitors ride at unique rope length and speeds.
yup, x2... not true
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-09-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
Woo hoo, 4 whole stops! That's what you guys should be talking about, not what boat is pulling it. The PWT is dying and you guys are arguing over what boat makes a better wake? Who cares, it's only 4 stops! You could pull it with anything for 4 times.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-09-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
There were 4 stops last year...
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-09-2015, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Woo hoo, 4 whole stops! That's what you guys should be talking about, not what boat is pulling it. The PWT is dying and you guys are arguing over what boat makes a better wake? Who cares, it's only 4 stops! You could pull it with anything for 4 times.
PWT isn't the only pro event/tour out there.

http://www.thewwa.com/pro-events/

Full list of pro wakeboarding events. A few of the other tours like Malibu Evolution is slated for 3 stop, and not on that list yet.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-09-2015, 8:34 AM Reply   
Nautique has 4, so that's 8 right there already.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-09-2015, 10:22 AM Reply   
Alright, 8 is definitely better than 4 and it looks like that calendar has plenty of others. I guess I got hung up on it being the PWT.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-09-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
8 plus malibu's 3 is 11 events
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-09-2015, 11:53 AM Reply   
And Supra still pulls the Worlds
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-09-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
How many of this years events are being put on by MC?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-09-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
So we're at 12 now
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-09-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
I haven't heard of any by MC so far
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-09-2015, 6:40 PM Reply   
Mastercraft is too busy trying to put together the International King of Tubing and Flotilla championship series to worry about wakeboarding.
Old     (Giesh164)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-09-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
http://instagram.com/p/y52jFbtn6B/

Not very clean here
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-09-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
Jeremy how dare you post a video of anything but a MC washing out. Supra doesn't washout at all right Johnny? They are the top selling boats me better than MC and CC.

I hope you sense my sarcasm
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-09-2015, 7:49 PM Reply   
Blasphemy
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-09-2015, 9:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesh164 View Post
yeah Jeremy, how dare you use facts and video of a washed out Supra Wake....

lol, I would not want to charge and hit that wake either... it really is a testament to just how good the pros are, to be able to hit that crappy of a wake and still do what they do.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-10-2015, 5:55 AM Reply   
A tiny bit of white wash isn't that big of a deal. Especially when the alternative is a slightly smaller wake.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-10-2015, 6:01 AM Reply   
Some pros purposely setup their wakes to have a bit of a lip for an extra kick.
Old     (mhibbing)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-12-2015, 1:08 PM Reply   
a little bit of lip or wash is preferred by some pro's to help with line tension.. IMO based off being on the boat and pulling different ones.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-13-2015, 1:23 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/wor...-world-series/

9 events will make up the "Wakeboard World Series" with $425,000 in total prize money available.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2015, 3:28 PM Reply   
ROUSHcharged Raptor 575 by Indmar Awarded 2015 NMMA and BWI Innovation Award for the Inboard Category

February 12, 2015

•First and only emissions certified catalyzed supercharged inboard available in its segment
•First to integrate ROUSH Performance supercharging technology into a marine engine, introducing ROUSH to the marine industry for the very first time
•Most torque ever offered in a towboat
•Designed non-traditional catalyst exhaust system that resulted in the most compact catalyst exhaust available and delivers the lowest emissions for a catalyzed supercharged engine in it’s segment
•More fuel efficiency than comparable supercharged offerings in it’s segment
•Innovative features benefit the end by making boating easier from operation to service
- See more at: http://www.indmar.com/company/news/1....UnUZBWed.dpuf

http://www.indmar.com/company/news/1..._Category.aspx
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       02-13-2015, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/wor...-world-series/

9 events will make up the "Wakeboard World Series" with $425,000 in total prize money available.
Looks like Nautique, Supra and Bu all pull 3 events each? What stops on the world series are protour stops?

Answered my own question, doesn't look like any of the events that are the WWS are part of the protour... very strange. Interested to see how other events are formatted and whatnot... Is the WWA going away from the protour?

Last edited by wakebordr11; 02-13-2015 at 4:39 PM.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-15-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
I think the WWA is still involved with the PWT but they do not produce those events. I think the difference is that the WWA is now also producing events themselves and that is what has changed. I could be wrong though.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2015, 7:30 PM Reply   
Check out the release today.... Surfs up! Looks like the SE is a two trick pony....

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...c&e=f5d910c70b

Orlando, Fla. (Feb. 19, 2015) — Supra Boats and Bonnier's Corp.’s Events & Entertainment Group announces the creation of the inaugural Supra Boats Pro Wakesurf Tour, stated earlier today by Rick Tinker, president of Skier’s Choice, manufacturer of Supra Boats. The new three-stop, $30,000 purse, series including the top surf and skim riders will take place at The Colony, TX (Dallas area), Acworth, GA (Atlanta Area), and Lathrop, CA (Sacramento area) in conjunction with the Supra Boats Pro Wakeboard Tour.

“Supra Boats and the family here at Skier’s Choice is pleased to announce the brand new, first-ever Pro Wakesurf Tour, in conjunction with the Pro Wakeboard Tour,” said Tinker. “Having the best pro men’s athletes in two competition disciplines like surf and skim, in addition to wakeboarding at one epic event, is a tremendous undertaking. We’re thrilled to see the best riding to date behind the massive wakes that the SE550 produces!”

The world’s top riders in Surf and Skim, will compete for their share of a $10,000 per-stop purse, for a total purse of $30,000. Additionally, the top points finishers will receive a series bonus at the end of the tour. The Supra Boats SE550 will be the official towboat of the Pro Wakesurf Tour. The SE550 is also the official towboat of the Pro Wakeboard Tour.
"I am super excited to be able to ride in the first ever Pro Wakesurf Tour," said Trevor Miller, Pro Wake Surfer and Supra Boats Team rider. "Riding at the Pro Tour will put competitive wakesurfing in front of more people than ever before and will be the perfect platform to showcase the amazing athleticism that goes on at this level of wakesurfing. I could not thing of a better boat to pull this event than the new SE550. I have seen first-hand how it can throw both a pro level wakeboard wake and an equally amazing pro level surf wave. Be prepared to see some of the best wakesurfing witnessed at a competition!"
Stop number one at The Colony, TX, is a two-day event featuring an open qualifier in order to determine the elite field of riders for the following two, one-day events. Stops two and three will feature a roster of the best six in surf and six in skim.
“The CWSA is excited to continue to promote the sport of wake surfing through our association with the Supra Boats Pro Wake Surf Tour,” said Scott Culp of the Competitive Wake Surf Association. “We strive to support the most successful wake surf events that engage the riders and help grow the sport of wake surfing. The tour will be a fun competition that will utilize the CWSA recommended consistent and fair standards, which govern all results. ”

For more information on the Supra Boats Pro Wake Surf Tour and Pro Wakeboard Tour, visit SupraBoatsPWT.com.

###
About Supra Boats
Supra Boats fuels passion for water sports with high-performance, bold designs and interior refinement achieved through precision-engineered tow boats. The flagship wakeboard boat brand manufactured by Skier’s Choice Inc., Supra Boats are the result of a quest for continual improvement in every aspect of boatbuilding. Thirty-five years of award-winning tow boats prove that fact. Everything from wake performance to ride and handling to interior refinement to production processes to the ownership experience is constantly being improved. Supra builds high-performance wake boats with a level of precision matched only by your extreme passion for water sports. Supra Boats: where passion meets precision.

For more information on Supra Boats, visit http://supraboats.com/

Bonnier Corp.’s Events & Entertainment Group
Bonnier Corp.’s Events & Entertainment Group manages and executes events, including the Pro Wakeboard Tour, Marlin University, the Deer & Turkey Expos, the NOOD Regattas and the fishing tournaments — Los Cabos, Offshore World Championship, Charter Boat Classic, Bermuda Tournaments and FishStock. Bonnier Corp.’s Events & Entertainment Group coordinates the scheduling, televising, global sponsorships, public relations, venue evaluation and event selection for these properties.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-23-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
The PWT is a great step forward for Supra. Congrats Rick, Brad, Dan, and all others involved. Hopefully the folks at Skiers Choice and Bonnier will have a break through in making the PWT more viewer friendly... I believe the future success in events like these will require more spectator interaction and involvement than in the past.