Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
I saw a few pictures of them setting up at Surf Expo but not muc.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
alliancewake.com
Old     (chihuahua_chick)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
http://www.thewakeplace.com/videos/EXPOCompanyWake.html
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
But where are the bindings?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
They are working on a molded contour bottom flex board to get on the market as soon as they can (which probably won't be that soon). But right now, the board is very similar to the slingshots but a little stiffer. Justin told my buddy today that all of the gear at the expo is just some preliminary stuff to get their name out on the market but they are working on some really cool stuff
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
i am sorry but i never really knew the difference between 3 stage and continous can anyone explain ?
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
) = Continuous.

\
|
/ = 3 stage.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Turn your head sideways and pretend your looking at the side of a wakeboard.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
That is a good visual. Continuous is a nice smooth curve that runs along the entire length of the board. Think of the rocker part of a rocking chair. A 3 stage has a flatter spot in the middle of the board and then a more abrupt change in the curve as you get towards the nose or tail of the board.
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
Most gear at expo are just simple shapes and graphics to show the market the company. Surf expo is not there to show riders new gear its to sell ideas. Company will be stiffer than a slingshot but just as durable says justin.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-12-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
i am sure those are going to be the new gear not just trying to sell the ideas. those are final production of the boards, basically exactly what you will see in your local shop. they have another board they are working on which may hit shelves sometime next summer from what i am hearing.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-12-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
With all the hype and advertising I wish they had some really cool stuff and not preliminary stuff to get their name out. I think they have the right idea and the right team to make big things happen. I really thought the video will sell the product but I got, here is the 2 lines of boards you choose your rocker and 2 or 3 fins, cool graphics options, and to use everybody's binding's, vest black and white, handle wrapped or not. My 2 Cents is if your going to release a video of new wake gear you don't want to sound like everything that is already out there. "We picked these colors because we don't have a women's line yet?" I'm not bashing Company Wakeboards just the hype is there and I was thrown to the ground and kicked to believe it was something different, other than wakeboarding gear.
I will give them 100% but I hope they get something special out there. You keep the Company under wraps for what seems like ever and then come out saying this is the pre stuff. I'm sure they are going to knock some heads off, just myself em disappointed with that video. I guess I should have been there to get the full effect!

I give an A+ to their advertising department!
Old     (chihuahua_chick)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-13-2008, 4:24 AM Reply   
Surf Exop is NOT there to sell ideas!!!!
Is there to sell product to dealers - period. 90% of the people running around are buyers. Riders get in and a few members of the public that are friends of the industry.
Company is new wakeboarding gear - high quality and innovative. Yesterday, i saw several major differences between Slingshot and Company that made me think 'why didn't slingshot make their boards like these'.
Company could be jumping on a bandwagon of flex boards, Yes. But they could also be releasing a line of boards for dealers that will generate cash to develop ideas to blow us away. Its only Expo day 2 - wait a little. . .
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   

quote:

i saw several major differences between Slingshot and Company that made me think 'why didn't slingshot make their boards like these'.

Please elaborate, i (even with my "abounding love of slingshot") won't be offended, honest. I know i am only looking at pics and some video, but the only difference i see is cosmetics, (graphics, three fins on one of the models cool!, etc.). The side cuts are different in comparison to '08 slingshot but so has slingshot's side cut changed this year. I thought it was interesting how slingshot's side-cut resembles company's... or vise versa. (SS used to dish out arround the fins toward the center of the tips, now it extends to the corners) AND apparently, Co. boards are a bit more stiff, but so was the LF flex board (different core than SS and Co. i believe) which did not seem to get as grand a following... anyway...

quote:

they could also be releasing a line of boards for dealers that will generate cash to develop ideas to blow us away.

such as this flex board with bottom features as mentioned above probably, which i believe LF is working on too if i remember hearing right? things are gona get interesting i think
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-13-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
You guys are too technical, we all know its about the grapics
Old     (chihuahua_chick)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-14-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
The new boards from Company have subtle differences that make them, i guess, look like a better product when compared to a SS board. This is personal opinion of course - and i guess a way to describe it is like comparing a toyaota with a BMW. Just how people present themselves in the market can a huge difference. Neither one could be all that better, but the whole profile and set up would just make me buy one over the other.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Until you can hold one in your hand, and strap one on, it's going to be hard to make an opinion. With almost every manufacturer having Flexboards this year, I'm hoping that Co. will be able to meet the demands, and the prices that the others can. If your graphic oriented, Co.'s are plain. There are no bindings as of yet, just a proto. If they can put together some packages, and match the big boys in price, and distribution, they stand a chance. The hype was effective, but the finished product needs to meet those expectations of the buyers. Remember what Ronix did? In this industry, and with the failing economy, manufacturers need to step up, and take care of the loyals, and in my opinion, flood the market with advertising, and product. The first 2 years will tell the tale. By the way, from the folks at the counter, Expo has had it's lowest attendance in years. Nonetheless, still a good time, and to see people having fun. Peace.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-14-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
HH99, it is a very interesting point that you make about the attendance at Expo.
I passed on exhibiting at Expo this year because the economy was depressed and I wondered how many retailers would have the extra cash to make the trip. I opted out and saved that cash for a bigger '09 line and for next years marketing budget. Now its time to pound the pavement. Sorry for the highjack.