Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
I can believe that no one has started a post yet, (if they did sorry, I'm a little hazy this morning). Anyways here's a brief recap on the winners.

The On Point Award: Jimmy LaRiche
Wake Rider: Randall
Women's Rider: Amber Wing
Rail Rider: Keith Lidberg
Wakeboard Video Section: Randall Harris, Transgression
Wakeskate Video Section: Aaron Reed, NARLA
Movie of the Year: The Truth
Wakeskater of the Year: Brian Grubb
Wakeboard Move of the Year: Chad Sharpe, Double TS indy Back Roll
Wakeskate move of the year: Nick Taylor, (honest I can't remember, but it was ridiculous. Maybe it was a toe inside out 3 flip)
Wakeboarder of the year: Rusty
Legend Award: Parks

It was a really good night and if anyone knows Kevin Michael they should thank him for putting on an amazing show.

Adam
SBC Wake
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Why no love for Soven? That guy can ride.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-15-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
thanks for the post!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
How did Jimmy beat out AJ? I thought Jimmy under met expectations. No PWT wins and no worlds. Kid can rip but should not have won it this year. I think he is the best or second best next to the Ausie but he did not earn it this year. Philip definitely should be wakeboarder of the year. What he did was phenomenal.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-15-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Politics at work. Soven, from what I hear, is cocky and nobody likes a bragger.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
I thought AJ also, Jimmy did win Masters & Nationals & Mitch Langfield only rode 3 events, but won them all (Kalowna, Portland & Worlds) They all rip!!! Good argument for all three, tough call.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
Nothing against Phillip because he's the most tech rider out there right now and he stomps the hell out of everything. But the award wasn't based just on tech, it was all around wake ability including amplitude, style and a bunch other factors. Anyone who has seen Randall ride in person know he rides a wakeboard the way it was designed to be ridden.
Just my $0.02

Adam
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
I agree with Rusty getting wakeboarder of the year, he had a great year on the tour and off the tour.

I thought A.J as well, he had a great year and deserved it IMO.
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-15-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
man Randall deserves those two awards more than anyone out there, he's one of the best, an all time legend, best style and goes the biggest out there and he's on top of his game right now and finally getting the credit he deserves from EVERYONE

DAAAMN congrats Randall and too everyone else that won I think the awards where on point this year

and I'll say it again and again, Soven's a great rider(tech and comp rider) but not a great ambassador of the sport and all around rider, it'll be awhile before he's in a leage with the other guys as top three and getting these awards...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-15-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Not only is Randall a great wakeboarder, but from his recent interviews, it seems like he has dramatically changed as a person. I hope he continues to push the sport and stay healthy, even after all these years.
Old     (ollieshuvitz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Wakeskate move of the year: Nick Taylor - FRONTSIDE BIGFLIP!!!

congrats Nick!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-15-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
I thought Danny won the legend award, guess I heard wrong!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
I agree with everythng but grubb winning skater of the year.

i was really rooting for reed hansen, he had a sick year and really pushed the envelope
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
i completely agree with caleb. reed won a lot of comps and also is really pushing the sport. and he just landed a w2w 5. great well rounded rider.
im guessing reed or nick taylor will win it next year.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-15-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
How 'bout that guy Garrett being nominated for photog of the year? haha...
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
to me.... everything Rusty does is huge and stylish...

Plus, 5 1080's deserves rider of the year... lol
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-16-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
they probably would have given soven the award, but he wasnt really pushing anything but the contest aspect. No one can argue with Randall wake rider of the year because his style is so different from everyone else! Rusty was landing new tricks, and he goes big and i think he did better than soven in the carnival. just my opinion, but rusty was more all around then soven
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-16-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
I mean, dont get me wrong, Grubb is a sick rider who is probably one of the most rounded guys in the sport, but hes not going out their winning a rail jam one week, throwing a backside bigflip the next, and then throwing a wake to wake 540.

not to mention the first wake to wake 3 shuv pulled in compitition.

and after him, Aaron reed, nobody in wakeskating has as must style, or goes as huge as aaron reed, i mean switch and double up 360's? i might as well quit skating

Reed Hansen pushed it alot further this year in my opinion.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on September 16, 2007)