Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-20-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Anyone got one of these? Superflexy & such a slick profile, but how do they stand up to cable use & slider abuse?

I was after a slingshot, but they're making it awful hard to buy from them in the UK...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-20-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
I ride the Local all the time jibbing and LOVE it. Its a great board for the Cable and for behind the boat! Its super fun to jib on and fast on the rails. Really takes you back the first time you jib on it becuase its super quiet on the rails. It makes no noise on the jibs. The best part is it HAS A SLIDER WARRANTY! So you can abuse it and your protected!
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-21-2010, 2:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Andy, appreciate it!

Anyone NOT sponsored by O'Brien got an opinion!??
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-21-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
My Homie Craig Kotilinek (Managing editor WBM) rides one I will have him give you a review.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-21-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
Looks more like 2 than one- isn't this just a set of trick skiis with fins on the front?
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-21-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Local this season. I get a ton of compliments on the board. I haven't ridden cable much but I love it behind the boat. The EVA rails are soft on the hands for grabs. I was skeptical because of the price but have been extremely pleased so far.
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-22-2010, 4:34 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, really, really appreciate the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfiste2 View Post
I haven't ridden cable much but I love it behind the boat.
Mark, do you think if I take the fins out there's still enough edge to get some real height for surface tricks on the cable? I love the idea of NO moulded fins, but this bad boy literally has nothing, so if I go finless it's all about the edge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfiste2 View Post
I was skeptical because of the price but have been extremely pleased so far.
UK retail for the local is £260- that's $375 for the board alone. I love the look of the Watson Hybrid, that retails at £399 here, that's a ridiculous $577!!! If I was stateside it's what $449!!

We get ripped right off over here!
Old     (rknott)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-21-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
The Local is a caps lock RAD. It entire core is EVA and the base is super durable. The awesome part about having the entire core made of EVA is that if the edge gets damaged it will not soak up water (like a foam or wood core). Also if you want to shorten it or change the tip/tail profile you can simply take a jigsaw to it and cut your own shape...Then with a little sandpaper it can be cleaned up. I'd recommend getting the bigger one, so you can change the profile to your liking. It pretty cool to have your own customizable board.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2010, 10:41 PM Reply   
Can anyone compare it to a slingshot response?

Custom shape....Now you got me thinking!