Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    malibu36            10-20-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
whats the difference between these 2 boats, besides the difference in length??
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-20-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
There is a big difference in depth, width, length, seating, storage, and wake. The 20V is pretty much a mini 22SSV. The 20V is on Supra's new ski hull. With the v-drive setup and ballast, the wake a pretty good for wakeboarding. The 21V is just a lot deeper, therefore it has more storage, seats are higher, and it is geared more towards wakeboarding.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2005, 5:09 AM Reply   
Malibu36-You've been in mine and I've spent a day in the 20V. Give me a call or email and I'll go over the pro's and con's of both boats with you.

The 20V is sweet as hell, but with STOCK ballast, it doesn't wake up like the 21V. The 20 will have a better ski wake though.

Hope all is well.
Old     (kcsideways)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-21-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
21V is only 6" greater in length at 21'-2" but looks pretty massive next to the 20V. Like Jon mentioned, the 21V is a much deeper cockpit (3"-4")...and 5" wider in beam at 100", higher seat bases and seat backs, and greater freeboard. Feels like you have much more boat around you than the 20V. There's about $2k difference to go to the 21V. And as NAW related, if you are wanting a "crossover" boat for both wakeboarding and slalom, the 20V or 22V would be my choice. Pure wakeboarding the 21V. 21V is available with "playpen" bow only with the double-up seat backs, and 20V is walk-thru only. Also the 20V has the stern walkover under the starboard sunpad (same as the 24V) which is kind of cool. Don't know for sure but I would guess the 21V carries more standard factory ballast. The 21V is 350# heavier and is rated for 13 persons (1775#) vs. 10 persons (1480#) on the 20V...so personally I would go with the 340MPI engine upgrade in the 21V where the standard 325MPI in the 20V would work fine, IMO.
Old    malibu36            10-21-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info. i love everything about the 21v just wanted to check out whats new. once i get this job situation figured out a lookin i will go