Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
Everyone already knows I'm a CWB guy, but that fin extension deal IS pretty cool. I like the idea of adjusting the fin length over the fin depth. It does seem like you could add just a little more bite without changing the way the board releases much.

Can't wait to try it.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
It is a good idea and looks like it will be a nice board.
I don't completely understand why CWB introduces next year products so early (06 Marius, 07 transcend and faction)?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
They also took some rocker out of the 07 and should make it a little faster.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Ya I should have some in the shop this week. Cant wait!!
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-18-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Does anyone know when the platinum will come out???
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-18-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
i do ride a cwb too...but thats the best idea for anyone who dose sliders, cause it seams like all the time the side molds ends are the first things to go! great idea...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
They wont be out untill next year from what I have heard. No Trancend Platniums on the early release.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
What is the main difference in how the Transcend rides compared to the Absolute?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Thats going to be a killer board. Now that its faster plus now you can make the board loose or sticky.

That board has the most pop out of all the boards I have ridden. It was just a little slow now they have made up for it.

J-rod get one soon can't wait to try one.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
The Transcend had a little harder pop than the Absolute, it was weird though it definately popped under your feet as opposed to the tail bucking. The Platinum version this year was faster and I'm guessing it will be the same for next year. Can't go wrong with the Platinum.

I'm gonna definately take a look at this ride, I love my Absolute but I was real close to going with the Transcend this year. The new shape looks killer!!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
We met Andrew at the Masters when he fell in front of us, he let us look at the prototype and it had the fin extension and it looked really cool. Innovation is a wonderful thing.
Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
What exactly is the difference other than price between the regular Transcend and the forthcoming Platinum Transcend, I've always ridden Hyperlite and now lookin at new companies and designs! Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Different foam and core completely. The Platinum shaves a pound off the board weight yet it has even more pop than the regular foam core. Go to www.ridecwb.com and check out the Platinum core specs. Its pretty impressive and let me tell you it feels dramatically different and personally I much prefer it.

This years Transcend(2006) also comes in the Platinum version. The new 2007 will not be available in Platinum for a few more months, just the foam version.