Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Im looking for a new board right now.. and where Im at there is no such thing as a wakeboard store... so there is no chance for demos. I have to rely on what other people say, and up till now things have been great.

I need your help... Im between the Syn 132 and the Cadence 131, I gotta say I love how the Syn would look with my black Transits... but I still like the features on both of them.. Has anyone tried any of these?? Which one has more pop?
I need a board with lots of pop because I never get to ride a real wakeboard boat... actually I've never ridden in one, Saturday is going to be my first time and Im so excited.

Any comments will be helpful!!! Thanks
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
cristina, how was Saturday and what kind of boat was it. I ride the Syn (actually I ride the Era 132 but it's the same board, just different graphics. I love it and it gets a lot of pop. I don't know about the Cadence, but I love the Era (Syn). Don't but a board for graphics. (But my black and yellow Era looks great with my black Transits!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
PS It would be worth it to take a day and drive somewhere to do a demo day. Call the shop ahead of time and set it up with them. What area are you in?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
I live in Ecuador, where there are NO wakeboard shops or ski shops... only surf shops... thats why I cant demo the boards.. I have to rely on what other people tell me!
And on Saturday I was going to ride on a Tige team edition that the owner (who never lends his boat, not even to his family) rented me. But since he never rides, no one knows what state the boat is in, so my boyfriend only got a little pull and the boat shut off and wouldnt start again. So I never rode on it! I was so depressed! But I called the guy and told him that as soon as he repaired it, i wanted to rent it again.

Thanks for your reply... I want to know from a girl that has ridden either the cadence or the substance because theyre pretty much the same.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-31-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
cristina, I know you may only be interested in the cadence or substance but have you looked at the double up serina? I bought it for my girlfriend. Its a great board, nice pop. It's the same board as the summit but with "cute" graphics. Its a 133, I've riden it a few times I was suprised how well it rode.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-31-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
The Cadence/Substance is going to ride slower then the Era but is going to have alot more of an abrupt, straight up pop. Both are ment to be ridden finless but have the option of a center fin. The Era is more mellow I think. Ruck and Watson both fall in my top 5 riders list and they both have killer boards. If your thinking about the Cadence but want a faster board... Watons new pro model, the Watson, is faster and lands softer but still with huge pop! Any of these boards will look great with a pair of Transits!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-01-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot for your help (to all of you) I think Im going for the Cadence... Regardless of how much I want that hot pink board under my black bindings I think the cadence will work better for me.. for my style, because i want to go real high but I panic if I go too fast... so I prefer a slower ride.

I will post pics of me and my new board as soon as i get it... I have to wait like a month before I have it... !
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-31-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
Hey Cristina let me know how you like the Cadence because I just happened to buy a 2005 132 Syn way cheap and a 2006 131 Cadence at a boat show... I couldn't decide which I liked more and figured I would ride them and maybe sell the other..... I would love to hear how you like the cadence!

Amber
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-31-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
I love the Cadence... never tried the Syn though. I get way more pop than with my old board, it lands super soft... its great for spins (although the only spin i can do is a 180) its true that you can land still spinning...
I dont know what else you want to know... ask me if you have any doubts, and tell me how you like both boards!
be sure to check out my website www.cabisuteria.com I make beaded jewelry
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-01-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
Amber and Cristina,
Like Cris, never tried the Syn, but love the Cadence. I purchased the 134 at the end of last season. Even though I only rode it 3 times before the NJ weather made it impossible to ride, the difference was apparent right away. Definitely softer landings!
Let me know how you ladies make out!!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
Michele, I just saw your profile, I have the same boardshort youre wearing! hahaha looks real good with your LE Minx!