Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-22-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
most of you know im a big time GM car nut. camaros, chevelles, TAs, vettes etc. i also love watching the C5R and C6R race teams, especially the GM sponsored yellow cars.

well heres my boat, the yellow is slowly growing on me but i still hate the graphics.

now has a black tower shade

how do you think a simple wrap like this would look? just the black and "skull". not all the sponsor stickers obviously.. or maybe replace a few of them with ronix, LF, etc?

and then do a simple silver and black logo on the side, maybe something like this.

thoughts?
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-22-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
I think it would be killer! I like the second pic of Moomba Mobius the best
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-22-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
i'm with Corbin. I think the car looks great. that would be pretty killer on your boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
everyone has opinions. i like the last graphic the best. i think the car graphic is too busy. i would check with a decal shop and design your own,then it would fit and flow better. made and designed for a boat instead of a car, they don't have same surface areas and angles. nice graphics on the car though.just my 2 cents.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
idk about the black man... your interior is already gray, yellow, white.... now you add a ton of black to the mix might look a little off.... Now if your wrap was grey and yellow I think it would look really sweet but yellow and black IMHO would look crappy
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-22-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Just remove your existing graphics and replace with one of the logos above.
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-22-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
so I guess Im the only one that cant see the pics? I even tried two different browsera
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-22-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
corbin and matt: thanks!

robert: i always thought you were in my corner! too busy your kidding right? not sure if you read, but all im going to do is the black splatter/rip at one end and the skull at the other. if thats busy you havent seen all these rich guys wraps lol. what i like about this is its solid color vinyl i can do it all myself for less than $75,(i have a vinyl cutter) as apposed to a sign shop printed wrap for $2,000

pete: good point about the black, but ive always wanted the boat to have black accents. i did the top in black for that reason. heres a photoshop i did of an idea i had when i first bought the boat. i dont think the black looks that bad at all, font could be better, but i think the black stripe looks at home. i just dont care for the grey at all. i think grey on yellow would look very bad. and the current graphics have red in them, and no red in the interior, at least black is a neutral color that goes with anything. hmm glad you brought it up. so tough to find the right look.

Old     (TheSarge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
^^^ HUGE improvement. Like it!
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
My vote is for the black stripe like that last picture you posted, and either the bottom Moomba/Mobius graphic, or the current Mobius logo that's on the boat (minus the graphics of course).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
sorry cory i guess i didn't understand what you were doing.i thought you were going to use the whole wrap like on the car. i guess when i assumed that i made a mistake. what you have described above sounds fine,i think there is plenty of room for that and it will flow fine. i personally like the black it makes the yellow pop out at you more. i also like the last picture but think the third graphics would look better than the ones in that picture. i was totally in the wrong ball park on what you had in mind. i was thinking you wanted to do a whole boat wrap similar to ones on mc boats.i'm with you now go for it.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-22-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
The photo shoped pic looks great. I think if it were mine I would do the tower black to or leav the window frame silver so they match . I think any of those decals are a improvement over the original ones LOL.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
i meant the last script . i thought there was only three. the last was my favorite.i would leave window frame and tower the way they are for contrast.the black bimini gives you the contrast up top and the yellow and black looks great on bottom.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I like the new look with the black & yellow. And I actually like the skulls idea (for once). But unless your getting a check from all these companies, I don't care for the mobile billboard look much.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-22-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
thanks bill, not sure if you read, but i said i wouldnt be doing all the sponsor companies
i aggree, no need for mobile billboards.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Shoot...I've seen that C6 Compuware Vette on dozens of sites and shows and never even realized it was a skull..I just saw an edgy Vette crossed flag graphic....
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Your fourth font combination is by far the best of the bunch. Very clean and both words are readable. The remaining three are messy. Put that fourth one on the side and let's see it.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
Any chance you can transform "Jake" (that's the skulls name) into something for Moomba? Like maybe taking the Moomba M and making that into the teeth somehow? I'm a big fan of Corvette Racing and love your idea.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-22-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
thats a nice idea timmy.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-22-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
I like what you did, the black trim on the windsheild pops also
Old     (chris01svt)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-22-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
Me Likey A Lot .....the black brings the boat out a lot more, now maybe do the tower black??.... I'm in the process of getting a new tower system now. I'm also looking at wraps for my Malibu but can't seem to find any manufactures or prices on them, it just shows boats that has been wrapped. Who did u go with or could u post some info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Chris

Last edited by chris01svt; 09-22-2010 at 3:45 PM.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
+1 on making the tower black and keeping the black stripe like in the Photoshopped pic. I think the windshield trim in black just pops infinitely more than the silver/grey. Then just add the first Mobius graphic and call it a day.
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-22-2010, 9:15 PM Reply   
Cory i like your idea. top two of your designs look the best to me.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
I vote to do the skull wrap that is on the car... looks sick cuz the skull is somewhat subtle.... and if you are a fan of that driver/race team, then do it just like the car, with the sponsor stickers too... I think it looks cool that way.

as for the "you're not getting paid to advertise 'whatever brand'..." reasoning.... its getting tired.

are you getting a check every month from moomba for having "mobius" on the side of your boat? or from liquid force for having their logo so easily visible on the bottom of your board? is the name still on the side of your sun glasses, if so, are you getting paid to wear them? this could go on forever, for everything we buy...

anyhow, its your boat, do what you really want... besides, with a wrap, its not permanent and you can take it off when you sell it or get tired of it.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-23-2010, 5:51 AM Reply   
i wonder how much the gelcoat will be faded when i remove the stock graphics, there 8 years old and the cover stops at the rub rail.
think ill see a outline and real bright yellow where the graphic was?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
yes but i used a product called vertglass to redo my old 92 nautique excel in 2007. that was alot of years of fading. it's alot of work but the boat looked new gelcoat wise,everyone at the lake was buzzing about how good it looked. then when the found out it took me about 5 -6 hours of hard work. remember i'm old and most of my friends are too. they didn't want to put forth the effort. i sold my boat for 10,000 and only paid 26,000 15 years earlier.i thought it was well worth it and the guy who bought it said he had been looking for over a year and no boat my age even came close in appearance.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
yeah I think you will definitely see an outline.... I do like the second look better.... it then needs the tower powdered black
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
Just an opinion, but with a tinted winshield and a black powder coated tower, that would be sick!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-28-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
Not everyone hate sculls
Attached Images

Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-28-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
I myself personally enjoy a tastefully done deathwrap with skulls and what not.