Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-07-2012, 5:41 AM Reply   
Trying to find an x9 decal similar to the below or quite frankly anything at this point. Evidently items like this are the last thing on MC and dealers minds. I mean hey who would ever need a large replacement decal for their boat? CRAZY! If anyone has any suggestions or knows anyone who has one if you can let me know. Sorry for the crap thread just been on the hunt for awhile and coming up with nothing but frustration

Thanks guys
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-07-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
I would use this opportunity to get some sweet new custom decals. Probly end up costing the same as hunting down the originals
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-07-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Well I'm still teetering on whether I'm gonna sell my boat at the end of the season. Its a 209 and had the dripmold which I can't stand. Wanted to get something factory on it atleast. Might consider the custom route though. Still sad you can't pick up a freaking decal. How hard would it be for them to stock a few at a time even if the price was higher.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-07-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
You can get them but I will tell you they will charge you $500 plus for a sticker. Its insane most of them are just cut vinyl which costs about .25 per square foot and less! Go local
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-07-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
Take it off. The graphics date the boat. Remove the stickers and take it to a good detail shop and let them buff out the whole boat. I bet it sells faster that way!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-07-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
already stripped them off, wetsanded, etc. The gel is just so faded that you can still see the lines at the right angles where the decals were. I'm going to post the absolute cluster that this has turned into later once I stop laughing at the email I just got.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-07-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
How far away from you have you searched dealers? I'm in OH and ended up getting the Tige decals I was looking for from a dealer in Florida.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-07-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
Florida, mn, nc, etc. Pretty much all the larger dealerships that I have found or be directed to.

Long story short got the information from MC on the repro company that originally made the decals and working with the 2 on the issue. I was so livid this morning with my response to me but seems like they are on top of it. Was pleasantly shocked to find out they had 3 people email chained trying to find a resolution. Now if they could just get their crap together on skins