Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws

My new favorite show is Street outlaws. If you haven't caught the show or don't know what it's about I'll give you my review of what's going on

The reality based show is out of Oklahoma. The show Chronicles a group of outlaw drag street racers that are jockeying for position on a "top 10 list" Racers prep cars all week and after hrs spending Thousands of dollars trying to gain that slight advantage that can either get them on the top 10 list or have them climb up the list. It seems that talking smack go's hand in hand with drag racing so people looking for drama can get some enjoyment from that but the others that just enjoy the sound and sight of 2000 + Hp street cars launch and try and make it down the road is enough for me. As with any reality show they have good guys and bad guys. So I find my self rooting for one guy & cursing the others.

I got most of my buddys hooked on the show & we talk about the show from time to time. What we have all come up on and can agrees that, when the racers take their cars out to "Test" it's serious Outlaw action. The road is not closed and they are running at their own risk.
On the Race nights we all think the show some how gets a permit to close off the road and people can race with out fear of the cops. The show would have you believe that the Friday Night grudge matches are still outlaw events and they can all be busted but I'm not buying it.

Like all reality shows they can out live their welcome but IMO this years show is the best it's been and it's getting better. It might get old soon but for now I look forward to Monday night show's